Author Topic: Corona 8 crash when adjusting UVW mapping while interactive is running  (Read 1527 times)

2022-10-03, 18:42:44

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Not really sure if this is a Corona or MAX issue, never had it happen before using 8 or MAX 2017.
It seems that while adjusting UVW mapping with interactive running, at least with a bercontile map material, holding and pulling the arrows on the move transform type box causes the crash. Also, if you click the arrow a few times instead of dragging it, the crash happens. Clicking the arrows slowly is ok...but not very productive as it takes much longer. Had about 5 crashes in the span of 10 minutes doing this.

I do this while adjusting brick materials so I need the fine intricacy.
Running Corona 8 on MAX 2021 with Windows 10.
Thanks for any help!

2022-10-03, 18:57:18
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you have the minidump you can send in, and to be precise, which of the several incarnations of Corona 8? :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-03, 19:59:51
Reply #2

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Where is the min dump saved to again?
I'm running Corona 8 Hotfix 2.

2022-10-03, 20:07:38
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-10-03, 20:18:50
Reply #4

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Thanks Tom.
Minidump is attached.

2022-10-03, 21:05:29
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY! Always helps developers track down where things went wrong.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-04, 10:04:30
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Bercon maps has been known to cause crashes with Corona and Corona IR, we have looked into these issues in the past and unfortunately they need to be fixed in the Bercon maps plugin itself, which to the best of my knowledge is not being developed anymore.

Sorry for not being able to provide better news here.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-10-04, 10:14:03
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Go and cast your vote for the Corona Tile here then ;] https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=96.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-10-04, 10:32:00
Reply #8

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
For the moment: Try to disable "Show shaded material in viewport" for the material(s) and maps containing the bercon stuff. I was able to avoid almost all (my) crashes this way.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-10-05, 18:51:14
Reply #9

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
For the moment: Try to disable "Show shaded material in viewport" for the material(s) and maps containing the bercon stuff. I was able to avoid almost all (my) crashes this way.

Good Luck
Thanks Frood, I'll try this. I've used the show shaded with bercon previously in Corona 7 / MAX 2017 and never had any issues, so maybe the compiled file for 2021 is messed up?

2022-10-06, 14:12:22
Reply #10

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi steyin,

my crashes using Max 2021 always happened using a MultiMap (in Bercon tile mode) -> BerconTiles setup, reproducible. And disabling "Show shaded material in viewport" avoids the crash. Actually MultiMap crashed, not bercontiles, whereas your crash happens in mtl.dlt

It seems that while adjusting UVW mapping with interactive running, at least with a bercontile map material

From your description I cannot guess which uvw mapping you change at which point, I had no other crashes with 2021 afaik. I used MultiTexture v2.04 (as you do) and the 2021 Bercon plugin from GitHub:

https://github.com/Bercon/BerconMaps/tree/master/src/DLL

It may or may not help to disable "Show material in viewport", it was just a quick guess. I don't think that there have been any significant changes when looking at the GitHub history.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.