Author Topic: Corona Depth of Field  (Read 882 times)

2022-08-31, 17:13:11

Simix

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello! I have some troubles with the depth of field. The render turns out with when I enable it even tho i have put the value of the focal view as it shows in the video , to match the lenght of the targeted object. Am I missing something? please help

2022-08-31, 17:45:45
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, the video is a bit unclear as to what you mean (btw screen capturing the screen is generally better than using a phone to record it, lots of free options out there for screen capture). Anyway I wasn't sure if the completely grey patch in the bottom left was a render that was totally blurred or just a blank viewport.

As well as focus distance, don't forget that depth of field is affected by the f-stop (lower = stronger DOF) and the sensor size (larger = stronger DOF). The distance determines what part will be in focus, but the other two control how blurred the rest of things will be.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-31, 20:03:50
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Your focus distance is set to unrealistically small value - 3,3 mm. Anything that's farther than 5 mm from the camera will be in complete defocus.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-08-31, 21:33:36
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
One of my favorite ways to set focus is to use the "Object" option there, and either use an existing object (the one you want in focus) or a dummy object which you can move around (and even animate) and then just move it to the place in the scene where you want things in focus. This saves you from ever having to calculate what number should go in there :) Only thing to remember is it takes the pivot point of the object rather than a point on the surface (which is where a dummy object can come in handy if you need that level of precision and control).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us