Author Topic: Glas Material for exterior architecture  (Read 934 times)

2022-08-29, 10:42:35

perleeva

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my glas material for exterior  szene.
I already tried several glas materials and no one works.
I want to see in the exterior through the windows in the room and see maybe a sofa or table.
I already changed the IOR but nothing worked.
The windows are extremely relective or completely dark.

Thanks for support

2022-08-29, 13:23:23
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We'd need to see sample renders really - the first thought is that it is simply dark in there and no light is getting in, so we'd need to know about your lighting set up (you could also just add a temporary Corona Light in the interior, making it quite bright, and see if that makes the interior show up - in which case you'd know it was not enough light in the interior).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-29, 17:37:45
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
A rendering showing what exactly is happening would be very helpful.
To me, it sounds like maybe your windows are modeled incorrectly. For example, maybe they are just flat planes with no thickness? Then it would render incorrectly if you are using a glass material with refraction (and absorption).
The solution would be either to add some thickness to you windows (e.g. using the Shell modifier) or to enable "thin shell" mode in your glass material so that it would not have any refraction.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-08-29, 22:14:55
Reply #3

perleeva

• Users
    • View Profile
Excuse me the attachment was missing

2022-08-29, 22:31:36
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is that the result you are getting, or the result you want? Because it looks correct to me, especially the bottom one - the sunlight is from behind the building so none of it shines in through those windows, the interior will then be very dark compared to the directly lit exterior, and if you took this photo with a camera you would indeed see nothing but reflections on that glass due to the way reflections work and the way exposure on a camera works.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-08-30, 11:56:26
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I do not understand the problem either, sorry. Please explain what result you are getting and what you would expect instead.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us