Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 42914 times)

2022-09-06, 17:42:31
Reply #45

jgalloway@pakglobal.com

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, is there a direct link to the latest daily? 5/27/22 sound kind of old.

2022-09-06, 18:40:39
Reply #46

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-09-08, 07:23:21
Reply #47

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Using the DB from yesterday (Sept 6).  Clouds seem snappier in IR but moving sun around in realtime is still significantly slower when the CoronaSky is in the 3ds Max environment slot rather than the 'Single Map' slot in render settings\Scene tab.  We're talking like a 3-4 second lag when in the 3ds max enviornment module on a fairly zippy threadripper.  Maybe it's related to viewport preview?   Which is cool by the way.  Or maybe this has always been the expected behavior and preferred workflow.  Either way just an FYI.

Cheers,
Daniel

2022-09-08, 08:19:13
Reply #48

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 - very slow

Good morning.
I am trying the new build on a max 2023 no updates on max. I have found it to be slow and the new clouds I have turned off, pretty as they are they completely slowed up rendering I found.
The usual, tried it  now can't go back on a project i am working on.
I found lots of issues with the project file also, and the material slots are crawling also.
Thank you for working on the daily builds, I am gratefull as I know they will be fixed eventually.

Phil

2022-09-08, 09:12:27
Reply #49

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hey,

We are aware of this issue, and are looking into the cause of it.

For the time being we recommend using the Corona environment map slot instead of the 3ds environment map slot.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=959669927)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-09-08, 13:48:51
Reply #50

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning guys, corona material previews show black on last daily

2022-09-08, 13:53:14
Reply #51

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

All fine here, can you share more details? Rather than "last daily" can you say which daily (in case you THINK it's the last, but there has been a newer one), which version of Max, were these existing materials in an existing scene or new materials in a blank scene, do you mean in Slate or Compact or both, does it actually render (ie your license is still active and isn't having an issue of some sort, which would prevent previews rendering too). Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-09-08, 14:00:38
Reply #52

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Another thing I can think of - is this with native Bitmap, Corona Bitmap, procedural map (noise etc), a mix, all 3?

2022-09-08, 14:55:16
Reply #53

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Also do check if default renderer for material editor is set to Corona and not something else.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-09-08, 15:16:18
Reply #54

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
First try with the new Clouds System. Great work. Thanks!

One thing I notived: It seems that Corona is calculating caustics, even when the sun is covered by clouds.
I guess this should not be the case.

Best,
Marcus

2022-09-08, 15:24:28
Reply #55

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

One thing I notived: It seems that Corona is calculating caustics, even when the sun is covered by clouds.

Best,
Marcus

I see your sky still very bright from the sun, could it be that situation which creates those caustics in the second image?

2022-09-08, 15:55:26
Reply #56

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not in vewport, on maerials menu, latest daily build 09-06-22 max 2022 or 2023, dame result , here is an screenshot.

All fine here, can you share more details? Rather than "last daily" can you say which daily (in case you THINK it's the last, but there has been a newer one), which version of Max, were these existing materials in an existing scene or new materials in a blank scene, do you mean in Slate or Compact or both, does it actually render (ie your license is still active and isn't having an issue of some sort, which would prevent previews rendering too). Thanks!

2022-09-08, 15:58:20
Reply #57

Marcus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Subdivision
Hmm... don't think so. Generating caustics from environment is turned off.

Best,
Marcus

I see your sky still very bright from the sun, could it be that situation which creates those caustics in the second image?

2022-09-08, 16:04:58
Reply #58

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not in vewport, on maerials menu, latest daily build 09-06-22 max 2022 or 2023, dame result , here is an screenshot.

Ah you mean in the Material Library specifically, not just material previews in (say) the Slate editor - in which case I can confirm this happens here too so I've let the devs know.

2022-09-08, 17:04:23
Reply #59

Skalpel3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max 2023 Corona DB Sep 6.2022 Corona material Library not previewed, material visible in Slate and Classic Material Editor

« Last Edit: 2022-09-08, 17:10:05 by Skalpel3d »