Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Gamma and linear workflow

<< < (2/2)

loocas:
I think I know what he means.

If I understand correctly, he wants to see the RAL 1000 rendered AFTER the gamma correction, which means that in order for him to get there, he need to first linearize the RGB values that represent RAL 1000, apply to the shader and then have it rendered out + gamma correct so that the output looks correctly like RAL 1000.

There are color pickers that support RAL and will give you correct gamma corrected results.

In the mean time. You can try saving a constant color from Photoshop of the RAL 1000 in sRGB or 2.2, load it up in Max gamma corrected and then use that value in your shader.

Or you can try this tool, for example: http://www.color-converter.com/ (I have no experience with it, I just googled it).

Or, if you're savvy with MAXScript, you can write this little formula for converting RGB to sRGB values and vice versa.

--- Code: ---if (inputColor <= 0.00304) then
(
outputColor = inputColor*12.92
)
else
(
outputColor = (1.055 * (pow inputColor (1.0/2.4)) - 0.055)
)
--- End code ---

This converts input RGB values to output, sRGB, values. Inverse the function to get the opposite result. Of course you'll have to apply this to all the R G and B channels individually.

Animator89:
Yes loocas you're right.
Many thanks to all who answered! You've been very helpful.
I will lay out the project to the gallery when it is completed. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version