Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] I need help!

Corona Scatter "Distribute-on objects" and "Instanced objects" max script

(1/2) > >>

Kelevra:
Hey,

I am currently learning max script and have and idea for a little script involving CScattter.
But I need the actions happening when pushing the "+" under "Distribute-on Objects" and "Instanced" objects". MaxListner do not record it and google was no help.

Does anybody know the actions (the little sting of text) that can be used in maxscript or where I can find it?

Thanks.

maru:
Maybe this will help?
https://wiki.corona-renderer.com/maxscript#corona_scatter_api

If it's not enough, let me know, and I should be able to get more help.

Frood:
These are properties of the CScatter object itself (not the interface), 'distributionObjects' and 'scatteredObjects' are the names. Both are node arrays. If you have for example a Corona scatter object named 'Corona Scatter001', then you get the scattered objects with

--- Code: ---$'Corona Scatter001'.scatteredObjects
--- End code ---

You would use the 'join' command to add other nodes to it.

Good Luck

Edit:
Class name and properties have changed, see https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40283.msg213883#msg213883

Kelevra:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2020-11-17, 17:42:20 ---These are properties of the CScatter object itself (not the interface), 'distributionObjects' and 'scatteredObjects' are the names. Both are node arrays. If you have for example a Corona scatter object named 'Corona Scatter001', then you get the scattered objects with

--- End code ---

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much. This solves it!

Mstp:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2020-11-17, 17:42:20 ---These are properties of the CScatter object itself (not the interface), 'distributionObjects' and 'scatteredObjects' are the names. Both are node arrays. If you have for example a Corona scatter object named 'Corona Scatter001', then you get the scattered objects with

--- End code ---

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

Hi. May I ask where to find this kind of info? I struggled very hard for a few days until I found this post.
That is indeed the way to assign scattered objects and distribution objects. The thing is, I haven't been able to find anything on the matter anywhere on the internet but in this single post.
I also haven't been able to see it using getINterfaces, showInterfaces or showInterface.
Thanks in advance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version