Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Corona 6 + Forest Pack error

(1/2) > >>

bluebox:
Hi,
like in the title - create new scene, add FP to simple plane, start IR and you get a crash.

Max 2016
FP 5.0.5

Is this fixable ? Thank you.

rowmanns:
Hi,

I'd recommend updating to the latest version of ForestPack Pro (6.3.1). The issue should be fixed with this version.

Thanks,

Rowan

philipbonum:
Hi, hope it's okay to mention a similar error in the same thread:

Corona 6 and Forestpack 6.3.1

RT crashes if you switch to "Edge" mode in Areas while the RT is running.

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: philipbonum on 2020-09-14, 10:44:18 ---Hi, hope it's okay to mention a similar error in the same thread:

Corona 6 and Forestpack 6.3.1

RT crashes if you switch to "Edge" mode in Areas while the RT is running.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

This seems to work okay for me. Can you provide your scene?

Instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Rowan

philipbonum:
Interesting. I've attached the scene using the uploader. The file is called "Test_AfterOptimize.max"
I've also attached a minidump called "3dsmaxminidump_Test_AfterOptimize.7z"

Both files are linked to "https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=30704.0"

Max version: 2020.3 Update. (22.0 - 22.3.0.3165)
Corona version: 6
Forestpack version: 6.3.1

Here's how to reproduce:

1) Make corona the default renderer
2) Create plane (roughly 6000mm x 6000mm)
3) Generate forest on the plane
4) Under "Library" on the forest object, go to "Forest Library", pick "Presets" and then "Layered_Lawns" and then "Grass Base Layer 1 - Large" (I believe this is part of the default forestpack objects)
5) Under "Material" on the forest object pick "Optimize Materials" and check "Apply Forest Edge", then press "Optimize" (Easiest way to get the edge map on every opacity slot)
6) Add a corona sun and sky, set EV to something fitting like "-3.5"
7) Start IR
8) Move view around to inspect edges of grass/plane
9) Pick "Edge" under "Areas" on the forest object. Then move the camera by panning.
----Max and corona freezes---
10) (Optional) If no freeze yet, move camera around, pan, orbit, change Area mode back and forth from Edge to Point to Edge, pan, orbit.

While writing this and trying to reproduce this, the program has frozen every time at point 8)
As a test I tried to save the scene before using optimize function. and one after, and the scene with optimize freezes every time I move/pan camera in RT.
I think the "Optimize" function in forestpack might be the culprit. But I have not tested adding the edge map manually yet.

Please let me know if the upload didn't work or if some more information is missing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version