Author Topic: Grate workz!!! Congratz!!!!  (Read 94163 times)

2013-07-05, 12:33:18

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hi,

recently, with release of Alpha 5, our forum activity raised a lot and with it also amount of posts, especially in gallery. While i definitely see that as a positive thing, I would prefer if a value of posts on this forum came out of their quality, not quantity. I understand many of you often post comments or congratulations in gallery just to encourage authors to use corona further and to show us as a warm and welcoming community, but i am really starting to be afraid we will become another Evermotion forum.

I would like to ask you all to help improve standards of this forum by putting a little more time into your post, and also not to post just for sake of keeping forum activity up. It would be great, if every post carried something constructive, as it would really add to the value of this forum and make majority of information stored here relevant.

Almost none of the 3D pictures are 100% perfect, and it helps a lot more if you point out what is the weakest aspect of the image or what you personally dislike, so the authors can work on it next time and improve themselves. Or if you just really like the image, then you can describe what is so catching about the image, so author can build on top of that to push it even further.

This is by no means order or a new forum rule, it is just my personal request to you all, and as we are an adult and intelligent community, i am sure most of you will understand what i mean. I would just like to avoid this forum being flooded by the kind of comments i used to name this thread ;)

There are also other sections like general discussion and offtopic, where you can create new discussion about pretty much anything and you are encouraged to do so. If you want to keep forum activity up, that is the way to do it. Some interesting discussions about CG industry, software, hardware, or just funny cat videos or bike riding may come out of this. And even those will still have a lot more value than simple non-constructive congratulations and praising.

Thanks in advance ;)

PS: It would be a good idea to spread this thread around the forum by for example linking it in a reply whenever you feel like the discussion is going down to the Evermotion forum level :)

2013-07-05, 12:47:39
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So basically we don't want to have Deviant Art here.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-07-05, 13:33:36
Reply #2

Sam75

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Grate post!!! Congratz!!!!

2013-07-06, 20:27:35
Reply #3

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Strongly agree!!!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-07-06, 23:08:53
Reply #4

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Strongly agree!!!

I agree, the work in progress section should be the place to focuse on more before posting the final master piece, so everyone can enjoy sharing their helps and comments to improve it the right way and everybody is for a win !

2013-07-07, 12:21:24
Reply #5

Tylox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree but not agree, it's a little bit elitist.
Basically you're saying that people who doesn't know Corona render, should not post pictures ?
I thought it was a community site, so yes we maybe need a thread with the best of the gallery like CGtalk ?
I mean you can't ask people not to post image when they learn Corona, if so i guess the reputation of this site will fall in a week !!
I understand what you mean but don't you think your post wil be misunderstood ?

2013-07-07, 13:46:22
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I agree but not agree, it's a little bit elitist.
Basically you're saying that people who doesn't know Corona render, should not post pictures ?
I thought it was a community site, so yes we maybe need a thread with the best of the gallery like CGtalk ?
I mean you can't ask people not to post image when they learn Corona, if so i guess the reputation of this site will fall in a week !!
I understand what you mean but don't you think your post wil be misunderstood ?

No, you clearly do not understand what i mean and... Yes, in your specific case you misunderstood my post.

2013-07-07, 13:47:47
Reply #7

Tylox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok sorry for that.

2013-07-07, 13:51:45
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
To clarify it...  i am not talking about gallery submissions but about primitive replies, such as:

"good work"
"nice render"
"nice, congrats"
"great work"
"really good"
"nice work"
"very good"
"very nice"
"wow, nice"
"wow, excellent"
"excellent work"
"excellent render"
"good render"

And similar kind of non-constructive comments.

Heck...  i could even write random Evermotion forum reply generator, and it would still look authentic....

2013-07-07, 14:05:59
Reply #9

Tylox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok ok sorry, understood. I'm french and i just not understand all the post.
So to answer to your post, i think it's a good thing but for the non english people on the forum, it's sometimes not really easy to explain and to give a critic of the image and some other who doesn't speak english at all are just glad to encourage some artist with just a "great work".

Regards.

2013-07-07, 15:36:06
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So to answer to your post, i think it's a good thing but for the non english people on the forum, it's sometimes not really easy to explain and to give a critic of the image and some other who doesn't speak english at all are just glad to encourage some artist with just a "great work".

Regards.

Oh come on, you could at least try google translate ( http://translate.google.com/ ). I think it's ok to write replies like this:

Good render, but I would change....../recommend...../you should definitely change these settings:.......

This doesn't cost you much.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-07-07, 16:39:17
Reply #11

Tylox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i don't speak for me, i just say it.
Now, if this thread it's just an affirmation and not a conversation, ok, so be it !

2013-07-07, 17:50:19
Reply #12

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good evening

I would say that Corona is a great rendering engine for both speed setting.

Congratulations go exclusively from the manufacturer of Corona Renderer.

Greetings and Thanks
Raffaele

2013-07-07, 18:45:08
Reply #13

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
i don't speak for me, i just say it.
Now, if this thread it's just an affirmation and not a conversation, ok, so be it !

You are more than welcome to discuss it ;) Even such things as this could yield some interesting points of view.

2013-10-22, 16:56:42
Reply #14

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi All.
Sometimes I have just few minutes free to see whats new in "great renderer Corona" gallery and I want to appreciate someone's work.
So I'm very sorry if my words like "nice, great, super" are not enough:)
So Congratz!!! for this post;)
Good idea with separate finished/need help work.
Best.
PO