Author Topic: Grate workz!!! Congratz!!!!  (Read 94158 times)

2014-04-04, 14:00:55
Reply #15

ttaberna

• Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, people can be constructive in their comments, but asking this from everybody could lead to no answers at all. just my 2cts

2014-04-04, 14:37:25
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
So far it is working, average project here in gallery gets SIGNIFICANTLY more comments than for example on evermotion, and most of them are constructive ones.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-04-04, 14:44:54
Reply #17

ttaberna

• Users
    • View Profile
So far it is working, average project here in gallery gets SIGNIFICANTLY more comments than for example on evermotion, and most of them are constructive ones.
Yes you are right, i've been lurking around last couple of weeks...I was just saying that I saw this happening before. Of course nobody wants another evermotion lol.
Btw great work loving it, can't wait to see the development of this wonderful engine going forward...thank you!

2014-04-04, 16:55:21
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well, I would say the same will eventually happen, it's simply tied to rate of content consumption nowadays. With the amount of work posted on Evermotion, and system it's moving, it's pointless to participate in any form of discussion,
even more so, when people really just want to show the work and won't follow up with answers.

At the moment, it might feel like (albeit growing big day by day) family sort of community, but it will sooner or later morph into the same. There is zero reason why this forum would follow absolutely different curve of evolution
than all the other ones, esp. when other, much bigger forums (like CGTalk) followed very similar fate.

Last but not least, not that anyone cares about rules anyway :- ) I presume no one ever read this properly.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-04-04, 17:52:42
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I'm not saying it wont happen, I am saying I am enjoying for now ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-04-04, 18:04:40
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I'm not saying it wont happen, I am saying I am enjoying for now ;)

Well, one thing that won't happen though for sure is the ever popular Ever trend "Plz sir kindly send me whole scene to abx@xyz.com". It's my instant association with Evermotion, nothing describes it better.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-04-04, 18:14:55
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I was about to repeat my request for like button here on forum, but seems Keymaster likes how things are now, so i guess, there's no point in doing that :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-09-16, 10:45:58
Reply #22

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
I really want to congratulate you guys to your great job. Corona is really awsome.

At the moment im thinking of using it in a bigger commercial project that will start soon.
But this job will last till next year and the current licences will expire at the end of the year.

Can you tell what your plans for the near future, especially from 01.01.2015 are?

youcan imagine that its not very comfortable to get licencing issues with your renderer in the middle of a project ;)

greetz

Lucutus

2014-09-16, 10:56:23
Reply #23

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Time to contact dr. Emmett Brown :D
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-12-08, 09:26:46
Reply #24

sbrusse

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well in doubt and if you can, use Alpha 6 as this is a free version that should stay that way.

Stan

2015-04-30, 07:04:23
Reply #25

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great workz! good post! love your signature rawavalanche....  it sounds like "I loved corona when it was free"...

aside from that little note, I am a self declared corona junkie. everytime we search for corona, some beer comes up.

2019-02-22, 11:49:07
Reply #26

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
as I see it and for the jobs that place, more constructive comments would be welcome (especially to me because I'm still a wimp).
To avoid this you could leave the gallery section and use it as images rewarded by administrators or those with more likes, where the comments do not find much space. While using the WIP section as a general container to post images being processed and final images. Two containers that are very different, it's a bit of confusion.
As an Italian user, many of us are registered at https://www.c4dzone.com/it/, I invite you to visit it.
Mine is just an opinion, the directors can also not take note. ;) ;) ;)

2019-02-22, 11:55:58
Reply #27

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
cabbage I had not seen the date of the post ...
sorry I arrived in a bit late

2019-06-18, 22:58:52
Reply #28

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
It's funny cause on evermotion forum I've seen a post exactly like this, a moderator exasperated about "nice "good work" and so on... lol
I think maybe you need to allow some more diversity on forums like these and not do the usual ignore/disregard people who are not necessarily very techy and have a very specific gender. These forums are geeky boys clubs and we all know guys are generally not very good at talking. (lol)

This profession - 3d artist, CG artist etc, doesn't require only technical skills but also some artistic skills, an art background or at least some art theory and history knowledge and a lot of common sense. You don't have to be a computer scientist anymore to use a computer these days. So, my point is that forums like these don't encourage people to comment because of this attitude of exclusivity - most of the people are probably frightened to say smth that may seem wrong or not technical enough or who knows, usually guys in this profession are introverts and they have no idea how to express themselves.

Personally, here I barely get any attention when I post. I'm not totally ignored but it seems to me that maybe because I'm a woman I don't get much attention or maybe my posts are not interesting enough... However, I'm going to continue to post because I just love this profession like my life and I'm not going to be discouraged by anybody's attitude.

I use Corona from about 2015 and I'm using it since but I think for this forum to be useful you need to have proper feedback indeed.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Valery
Elena V Miller

2019-06-19, 01:16:50
Reply #29

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Odd resurrection of thread :- )

I would not look too deep into lack of interaction. Specific platform forums were dying breed 6 years ago, and they are almost completely dead nowadays. If I look at CGArchitect, I see like 5 people writing 5 posts per year, so Corona forum is in comparatively good shape. What I am saying, even due to origin of this grumpy thread, there never really was any policing against simple posts (there are like two mods here and they have other worries).

Almost everyone and everything gets ignored here outside of few occasional bubbles of interest. In this day and age, everyone needs to create their own audience in whatever way they are capable of doing. From 2012 when I begun, I've seen the shifts from Forums (CG Architect, CGTalk, Evermotion,etc..) to social medias (Facebook), then specific platforms (Behance), then back to social media (Instagram,...). It's fickle ever moving train. I don't think we'll see a resurgence of some tight-knit community spending time giving constructive feedback to each other. I think that train is definitely gone. Dead.

And I wouldn't look at the other platforms for constructive feedback and authentic support either. It's pretentious rat-race, even with 100 thousand followers on Instagram for example, 99perc. of the audience would give you "Nice work!" but they wouldn't even mean it, it would just be copy&paste to manipulate you into looking at them (or just bot). At least "Nice Work!" posted on forums actually means the person liked it, and it was probably real person :- ).

Not like the feedback given by random strangers with specific tastes and little understanding of artist's intent was ever valuable or something. Most of the time it's unsolicited crap. And that leads to my final point:  It's best to be one's own critique, or create small community of close friends& acquitances you trust to give you good feedback. When someone you trust tell you the composition isn't working, it's much better than "Random Johny" telling you "haha, your chair is floating 1 cm above floor, see ! You're not so good and I am very smart to notice random unimportant shit!"

Definitely continue to post, perseverance is most important, most people here can't tell stranger's gender and even the most interesting posts might not stir attention. You could post the most beautiful archviz work and some grumpy cat would come tell you "another building ? I would have liked more star wars ships". Just post away and don't give slightest fuck.

PS: Or maybe we should all finally move to Reddit ? I can't wait for all those "Fellow Coronauts, I am the only one thinking....(plz click to actually read total nonsense)" :- )