Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Corona 1.3 Benchmark

<< < (48/55) > >>

fobus:

--- Quote from: alexyork on 2022-06-20, 13:58:15 ---- something that's at least taking 5 or 10 x longer than currently on an average machine, to allow proper time for any throttling to take real effect etc.

--- End quote ---

No need to do this longer by x-times. It will be much better to run it for 1 or 2 minutes like in vray benchmark. This way it will be good for everyone.

artem456:
Corona 1.3 Benchmark Finished
BTR Scene 16 passes
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz
 Real CPU Frequency [GHz]: 4.4
Render Time: 0:01:32, Rays/sec: 5 243 820

Ondra:

--- Quote from: alexyork on 2022-06-20, 13:58:15 ---I know this has all been requested years ago but I'd really love to see an updated benchmark that has the following:

- ability to run multiple tests automatically and take an average (and best) result
- something that's at least taking 5 or 10 x longer than currently on an average machine, to allow proper time for any throttling to take real effect etc.
- something that uses multiple render elements with denoising (which stresses the CPU a lot more and helps judge temps)
- outputs the result to desktop automatically

--- End quote ---
We are working on new benchmark to be released during v10 cycle, that will have everything mentioned here, probably except for the denoising (unless we add it as a separate benchmark, but it is still tricky, as denoising is a finite workload. We want the benchmark to run for a fixed amount of time this time)

alexyork:

--- Quote from: Ondra on 2022-11-13, 20:02:01 ---
--- Quote from: alexyork on 2022-06-20, 13:58:15 ---I know this has all been requested years ago but I'd really love to see an updated benchmark that has the following:

- ability to run multiple tests automatically and take an average (and best) result
- something that's at least taking 5 or 10 x longer than currently on an average machine, to allow proper time for any throttling to take real effect etc.
- something that uses multiple render elements with denoising (which stresses the CPU a lot more and helps judge temps)
- outputs the result to desktop automatically

--- End quote ---
We are working on new benchmark to be released during v10 cycle, that will have everything mentioned here, probably except for the denoising (unless we add it as a separate benchmark, but it is still tricky, as denoising is a finite workload. We want the benchmark to run for a fixed amount of time this time)

--- End quote ---

Awesome great to hear. I get the denoising issue. If you can please have it as a separate benchmark option that would be great - you could just prevent that one from submitting results to the website as they would skew the results. It's really more for internal testing/speed comparison/temps testing. Cheers!

burnin:
IMO
for a longer, more intricate evaluation of a complex scene, instead of a still, an animation should do way better
in this regard, having options on start (to denoise and/or animate - select frames...) would be a must

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version