Author Topic: Copyrights  (Read 4794 times)

2015-11-20, 20:03:19

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello administrators,

I just posted some pics in the Gallery (named Lakehouse) but I just realized I do not have permission for the
photos in the framed pictures... I just got them from the web.

Maybe it's best to take my post off.... since I don't want to cause anyone offense... or trouble for the site.

Thanks.

2015-11-20, 21:58:16
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can edit your posts and remove pictures from it by yourself. Once your topic becomes picture free, i will remove it from gallery.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-20, 22:49:05
Reply #2

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks... someone posted an altered image of the original I sent.... don't know if you can remove that too?

2015-11-20, 22:59:12
Reply #3

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I sent 'Nekrobul' a private message kindly asking him to remove the image he uploaded.... based on my original.

Sorry for inconvenience. I will only use stock photos from now on.

Thanks.

2015-11-21, 00:15:17
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Don't overthink it ;- )

There is a law concept in western world (although primarily in US law, which is stricktest in copyright) called "Fair use" that (wikipedia citation follows): ,that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders'.

Although you should seek permission if you feature someone's else artwork 'dominantly' in your 'commercial' artwork, do not become slave to this rule. Finding random stuff on google and using it in minor derivative way is absolutely ok in 90perc. of cases.

Another concept to learn is "Derivative work".
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-11-21, 01:29:46
Reply #5

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for that...

I did those renders a year ago. Sent the renders to the fashion designer whose photo I featured in the render thinking she would be pleased.
I got a very instant and angry reply telling me what I did was against copyright and she was shocked I did it and told
me never to use them. I tried to assuage her to no avail. I must add she was from New York... which is the capital of copyright.

Anyway.... I got depressed with the whole thing and did not switch my computer on for a week. :)

Today, I thought, F#*k  it.... I want some feedback at least.... and sent them.... 5mins later I read a Corona thread where someone
had been banned for a month for using stuff they should'nt.... and went into a panic. I don't care about myself since I live in Egypt
and outside such copyright rules.... I was just worried that I might put Corona in a bad light and decided to do the right thing.

I just designed a Squarespace site for someone and only used free stock images.... problem is.... good ones are hard to find.

2015-11-21, 02:57:58
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes it's always better to be safe than sorry, so stock images are safest bet there is (only step above is your own artwork). But don't panic. The designer quite over-reacted. I don't want to ever publicly advertise anything that's 'grey-zone' but sometimes these things can get muddy.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-11-21, 07:26:51
Reply #7

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have asked permission from alot of photographers I have used in the past for doing paintings.... they are always flattered.
This one time I did not ask permission.... and it backfired.

I sent her this video (you are probably aware of) about intellectual property.... part 4 of 4.

BTW - Your up late.... are you on 'render watch'?

2015-11-21, 15:17:04
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
5mins later I read a Corona thread where someone
had been banned for a month for using stuff they should'nt.... and went into a panic.

Do not worry, that guy was banned for repeated instances of selling copyrighted stuff after numerous warnings.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-11-21, 23:12:36
Reply #9

K u r a i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for that.... and can I say that Ondra seems a more approachable name than the Keymaster :)

« Last Edit: 2015-11-22, 07:31:49 by K u r a i »