Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Multishader multipass masks?

(1/2) > >>

TeoRossi93:
Hey guys, is it possible to have a black/white mask for different colors in multishader material?
Like, I need a mask for the diamonds attached here, and a separate one for the emeralds.

Beanzvision:
Hi, would create 2 materials and give them each a material ID from the Advanced settings in the material. Scatter 2 objects and assign each a different mat. In the multipass settings, make 2 masks and enable Material ID and give them the same number as the materials. Render and you will have a different alpha for each. Here's an example.

TeoRossi93:

--- Quote from: Beanzvision on 2024-04-17, 16:08:32 ---Hi, would create 2 materials and give them each a material ID from the Advanced settings in the material. Scatter 2 objects and assign each a different mat. In the multipass settings, make 2 masks and enable Material ID and give them the same number as the materials. Render and you will have a different alpha for each. Here's an example.

--- End quote ---

Hi Bengamin,

thanks for the answer but unlickily this is not gonna work with my current animation setup.
I'm attaching my scene here so you could have a look at it. I can't change the rig at the moment, the only chance I have is to make the multishader masks work properly.

Beanzvision:
Hi there, this should work. Here's another sample scene. I have my objects in the cloner, each object has a comp tag with it's own object ID, a material using the mutli-shader (set to object ID) and then two masks in the multipass settings. Each mask also has Object ID enabled. If this works for you, maybe this can be applied to your scene as well?

Stefan-L:
a multi material woudl be really great. similar tot he multi shader, or layered material. where one can add materials and use them similar as the multishader (assignment by different random or cpntroled menthods)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version