Author Topic: Shading error  (Read 3053 times)

2021-05-28, 15:19:04

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
I'm having these strange artifacts on some of my renderings, any one has encounter this ?
Any clue how to solve it ? not all renderings have this behavior on the same file, no clue what's going on..

2021-05-28, 15:31:54
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This looks like adaptive enviroment sampler issue. Can you try to disable it and see if that helps?

Also i think that support team would like to examine your scene to see if devs could improve the code. https://corona-renderer.com/upload
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-05-28, 15:46:30
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Also which version of Max, and which version of Corona?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-28, 15:54:10
Reply #3

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Hi, its 3dsmax 2021.3 and corona 6.1
Can confirm its the adaptive light solve causing the issue.
Wil update the post with the scene today
Thx
« Last Edit: 2021-05-28, 17:26:48 by arqrenderz »

2021-05-29, 01:09:24
Reply #4

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Uploaded with the dropbox private uploader
File name "Apto tipo 9 - 48.9 m2 adaptive issue.zip"

2021-05-31, 14:21:42
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for sending the scene through. We have issues similar to this reported already.

We will investigate and let you know :)

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-02, 16:05:28
Reply #6

Kris H

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Uploaded with the dropbox private uploader
File name "Apto tipo 9 - 48.9 m2 adaptive issue.zip"

Hello arqrenderz,

Thank you for reporting it to us, we will update you once we will have any new info :)

(Report ID=CRMAX-656)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us
Send me your scene

2021-06-02, 21:52:42
Reply #7

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this actively being worked on and investigated?  I remember raising this issue over a year ago, and then again in November.  At the minute it's just another new feature that doesn't quite work.  I now leave it turned off.  In a live production environment it's too hit and miss to chance it and leave a render going only to come back and discover it's got these issues, because there's no guidance on specific setups where we might encounter it.  It's just a case of press render and hope the render doesn't have artifacts when you come back to it.  Safer to just leave it off permanently imo until it's fixed.

2021-06-22, 10:26:15
Reply #8

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
I'm having these strange artifacts on some of my renderings, any one has encounter this ?
Any clue how to solve it ? not all renderings have this behavior on the same file, no clue what's going on..
Hi,

Which camera view is this in your scene? I am not able to find these objects..

Thanks,

Rowan

Is this actively being worked on and investigated?  I remember raising this issue over a year ago, and then again in November.  At the minute it's just another new feature that doesn't quite work.  I now leave it turned off.  In a live production environment it's too hit and miss to chance it and leave a render going only to come back and discover it's got these issues, because there's no guidance on specific setups where we might encounter it.  It's just a case of press render and hope the render doesn't have artifacts when you come back to it.  Safer to just leave it off permanently imo until it's fixed.
Hi,

Yes it is being looked into, unfortunately it is a really difficult thing to fix which is why it is taking so long.

Thanks
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-22, 18:41:19
Reply #9

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
The error suddenly disappeared ... I know its weird, but trust me I really want this thing sorted... The camera for that file is a bedroom camera
Image attached
Sorry but i tried everything to make the bug appear again with no luck

2021-06-22, 19:24:53
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Are you sure it's disappeared, because i still  can clearly see it in your last attachement.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-22, 20:04:54
Reply #11

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Which camera view is this in your scene? I am not able to find these objects..

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi,

Yes it is being looked into, unfortunately it is a really difficult thing to fix which is why it is taking so long.

Thanks

No worries.  Are we safe to assume it's generally when the environment reflection overrides are in use?

2021-06-23, 16:38:37
Reply #12

arqrenderz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Are you sure it's disappeared, because i still  can clearly see it in your last attachement.
That attached picture was when it was happening, it was to show where the bug was happening in the scene i upload to Corona