Author Topic: Classical apartment product showcase  (Read 16130 times)

2018-04-04, 18:16:39
Reply #15

Correntes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • PRESSRENDER
Wonderful set.

Regarding the hdri workflow, would be simpler and more responsive just using the sun/sky system and tweak separately ?

2018-04-04, 18:40:26
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Regarding the hdri workflow, would be simpler and more responsive just using the sun/sky system and tweak separately ?

Yes, I think it's finally time for me to try using Sun/Sky..
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-04-04, 21:32:35
Reply #17

claudyo

• Active Users
  • CGI artist / Interior Designer
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Quote from: Juraj Talcik
But the people who shoot catalogs for Poliform,etc.. those keep their secrets rather well.
That is true, I would kill for an internship with them.

Excellent job, nonetheless!!

2018-04-04, 21:37:13
Reply #18

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would kill to just watch them for one job :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2018-04-04, 21:48:30
Reply #19

vicmds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Floor texture is off the charts. Great work

You guys can try Mike Kelley's tutorials from F-stoppers. (He has 3 tutorials there)
https://fstoppers.com/product/mike-kelleys-where-art-meets-architecture-1

Mike Kelley seems like he's a great professional, but some photographers have a completely different mindset than that of visualizers. A true 180 degrees.

I've seen an image where he literally excluded all pillars of a building, making it float 100%, just because otherwise the "image wouldn't convey what it's like to be there". And that's what I mean by completely different mindset.

Good material to watch, but be mindful of that.

2018-04-04, 21:52:35
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
"image wouldn't convey what it's like to be there"

That's something clients should sometimes be reminded about :- ). If I would get 5 cents for every completely unimportant detail outside of focus view..

/offtopic

2018-04-04, 23:17:38
Reply #21

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
really nice juraj!  love that cloudy/sunny soft shadows congrats!

did you modified colors in post or just contrast curves?

i actually dont like mike kelley`s style its looks too artificial and saturated for my taste, besides that i think that the tutorials are nice to learn some new things.

Fernando Guerra said on an interview that he don't use any supplementary light at all, i would pay a lot to see him working hehe

2018-04-04, 23:35:27
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Just very subtle, a bit of dehazing and color tint to backgrounds.

I am not averse to heavier touch-up but here I conceded that would be just the right amount for now.
That still means I spent 2 hours deciding if I like +2 vibrance or +1 vibrance :- ).

I also do my post-production almost three times on each image. Each time I get little bit more brave until I finally decide to call it quits.

Would pay thousands to watch Fernando Guerra. Even wash and polish his 911s for days.

2018-04-05, 00:35:03
Reply #23

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Would pay thousands to watch Fernando Guerra. Even wash and polish his 911s for days.

Hahahaha thats a fair trade

2018-04-05, 08:28:47
Reply #24

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bravo Juraj. Fantastic set of images here. They’re also instantly recognizable as yours, which is a big compliment in my book.

Out of curiosity, where did you source (or how did you create) your parquet textures and your plants (apart from the basil of course)?

2018-04-05, 10:07:38
Reply #25

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Happy to hear that Bertrand :- ). Need to stress it's very much a team result. Outside of very strong Veronika's part, lot of the panelling was done by our talented modeler Kristina.

This was the base https://www.textures.com/download/woodfine0053/100289 To avoid some destructive changes necessary I upscaled it with letsenhance.com before continuing.

Then after I flattened it, removed shadows and reflections through various highpass techniques, I started to replace the individual planks with all the other collections I had on hand. Some were given to me by the Extreme texture guy but most were from Orangegraphics who shoot his parent's cottage :- ). I tried yours older collection, but these planks are bigger.
Because I didn't want to spend time making some procedural sort of technique through Railclone or something like that, I just made 3x3 tiled manually. Took about a day of work but at least was quite straightforward.

We have other much bigger project under NDA where this floor is used in different configuration (smaller pattern is only 750mm) and because that one tiles a lot more, it was projected onto modeled planks too. But those only served to provide render-time multi-texture variation (so main texture was split into albedo color being multimapped and highpass base).

The plants are tragic story hence why we put them faraway from camera. I believe all of these are from 3dSky and if possible, replaced with Megascan textures. But lately I find that despite Megascan having thousands of plant scans, they don't have these indoor type of plant leaves that would be most useful (Monstera,etc..). In that case I just modify the values (make dirty normal and displace too) and hide it behind subtle DOF...
Too little time to model these but that's definitely on table next.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-05, 10:20:11 by Juraj Talcik »

2018-04-05, 14:58:04
Reply #26

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Juraj. Great insight there. I feel your pain on the plants. One of my many projects I'll never find the time to do is to scan popular houseplant leaves using the Dabarti tool. Although I must say I've seen some fine examples of the Monstera in various renders so assume it must exist somewhere.

2018-04-05, 17:16:21
Reply #27

Epilog studio

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Epilog studio
Amazing Project, attention to details and balance of light/shadows are just perfect!

It's great to know that our textures were used for such an amazing project:)

2018-04-05, 20:11:49
Reply #28

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Lovely Work and great lighting and textures.

If I show one wrinkle in the bed linen my clients have a complete meltdown or god forbid I put DOF in the view and the fabrics they selected in the foreground have a slight blur to them. Head against brick wall sometimes. :)

2018-04-05, 20:28:21
Reply #29

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Amazing Project, attention to details and balance of light/shadows are just perfect!

It's great to know that our textures were used for such an amazing project:)

Your textures were invaluable :- ) Many thanks for such great set.

Lovely Work and great lighting and textures.

If I show one wrinkle in the bed linen my clients have a complete meltdown or god forbid I put DOF in the view and the fabrics they selected in the foreground have a slight blur to them. Head against brick wall sometimes. :)

Thank you :- ). Actually this is quite interesting thing, when Veronika made this bed first time about 5 years ago ( White Bedroom shows 2013 date ) there were some odd reactions here and there why waste time on it... and that wrinkled and messy will be avoided. Exactly opposite thing happened, clients after clients came to us with request to use that bed in their project.

But I've been told some anecdote recently by 3rd party about some client I've never heard thinking we would clash with their minimalist architect :- O. Which is super strange... if anyone comes to us wanting fully wrinkle-less flat bed like in Poliform catalogue, he will get exactly that. But surprisingly 90perc. of architects who come to us want fluffy and messy :- ).

DOF needs to be tactful. It's bit stronger in the bedroom but that image is just to show the feeling and the stool next to bed. If this was image showing the grandeur of the space, the DOF would be very minimal. And in the rest of the project, it is kept at bay.
But I make sure to always use tiny bit of natural DOF ( f11/f16 at 24mm lens camera for example) so that the scene gets that natural transition in the background. That kind of DOF is almost unnoticeable directly, but you can subconsciously feel it's there.

Maybe I should credit Bertrand for that last bit, because I remember, many years ago (5-6?) he wrote in one of his blogposts he never turns camera DOF off (that was VrayCamera). I did not follow this rule back then because I didn't use VrayCamera and DOF seemed very expensive for my computer. But years later when I picked photography I realized the importance of always having it there so I adopted the rule eventually. (but I hate how it doesn't play nicely in viewport with camera shift... ugh).
« Last Edit: 2018-04-05, 20:33:45 by Juraj Talcik »