Author Topic: Extended Albedo pass  (Read 3123 times)

2016-10-17, 15:26:56

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Currently, the Albedo shines RED with overbright materials, I would like to to shine BLUE (for example) for over-dark materials.

Could the range also be specified ? Either to be user-specified, or just make the default 50-240 sRGB.

This concerns purely diffuse albedo, not even sure how the pass currently treats metals/specular only.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-10-17, 16:39:08
Reply #1

Jadefox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Renderlab
May I ask how does one know the correct albedo range per material.

2016-10-17, 16:46:15
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
May I ask how does one know the correct albedo range per material.

It's +/-  50-240 sRGB for every non-metal that has diffuse albedo.

50 sRGB (I keep writting the sRGB as to non-linear, gamma 2.2 space value, like in Photoshop) is the blackest BLACK, 240 sRGB is the brightest WHITE.

This doesn't apply to metals, which have no diffuse albedo. They only have specular albedo and that's not much of concern.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-01-30, 21:29:28
Reply #3

SharpEars

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Currently, the Albedo shines RED with overbright materials, I would like to to shine BLUE (for example) for over-dark materials.

Could the range also be specified ? Either to be user-specified, or just make the default 50-240 sRGB.

This concerns purely diffuse albedo, not even sure how the pass currently treats metals/specular only.

+1 (with regard to blue for <50 sRGB)

2017-03-12, 22:07:31
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
implemented blue low albedo warning, adjustable thresholds
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)