Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

lightmix

(1/2) > >>

koubankeo:
Hi,

I have a problem with lightmix. I'm attaching a simple scene. There are 3 lights in the scene. Light material has not enabled emit light. I use this setting very often in the scene( background plane, bulb body etc)

The problem is that all light materials in the scene that have emit light disabled fall into the rest(unassigned) category in lightmix

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Beanzvision:
Hi, this is not a bug but expected behavior. Are you not able to work with the ''Rest'' option? If you feel it should be change you can always submit a feature request :)

koubankeo:
well that's a problem, because if I want to create a day scene and a night scene at the same time, the day scene will have a different background than the night scene. And lightmix is supposed to be exactly for these situations right?

Stefan-L:
just add the lights/light materials to one lightmix layer, then rest is only BG

MircoTosti Studio:
Stephen,
I don't think that's what he means.
If you want to use two (or more) HDR to illuminate the scene (ex. one during the day and one at night) I don't think your method is correct because it's not about BG but about direct and indirect lighting as well as the reflections and refractions that depend on and are linked to the HDR used .
Personally I noticed for example that if you want to use a nighttime and a daytime HDR via the light mix, playing on the lightmix by turning on only one the result obtained is not correct.

I think what he is asking is to implement in c4d the function that has already been present for two years in 3dsmax, i.e. "Multiple Environment Maps"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version