Author Topic: Icelandic coastal house  (Read 224383 times)

2013-11-21, 14:46:55
Reply #15

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Love the exteriors most . Really well done . Corona is a great render engine but gets even better with a good artists like your self Juraj.
/DIA

2013-11-21, 14:48:01
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Love the exteriors most . Really well done . Corona is a great render engine but gets even better with a good artists like your self Juraj.
/DIA

Well my only luck is I've been here sooner than you :- ) Once you post renders, I'll migrate to Octane !(jk)

Hmm, seems I can't fit everything into one post, so I continue here:

The renderings look awesome, no doubt about that, but I really hope something like that will never be actually built somewhere on such a calm looking coast in iceland - it just doesn't belong there.

Lots of people seem to be using MagicBullet these days, would you mind showing a raw render?

Don't worry DeadClown, all in good faith of fantasy ;- ) I am not architect and Veronika concentrates on small architecture at this point only. With that said, the inspiration was the FOGO Island houses from Saunders Architects, which is often criticed for this fact (abusing calm nature) and it is very interesting controversy, which boils down how far can you get in personal selfishness.

Magic Bullet LOOKS: I use it because I use only Photoshop in my stills worflow (and AE for animations, and BM Looks is interchangeable between these apps) but still want to correct .32bit images. It's also very convenient and fun to work with. Like something you would do on smartphone :- )

Top is RAW render from Corona, in these case, already crushed in Corona. In these whole set, it's 50:50 saved with burn1(linear) or burn5-8, if I like the result.
As can be seen, interiors are barely touched for most part. Exterior features mostly glow.

Here is something I posted on FB few days ago: It shows the bare minimum of nods. Again, quite simple.

« Last Edit: 2013-11-21, 15:21:09 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-21, 16:02:07
Reply #17

Adanmq

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Collective
Hi. Thx for sharing your scene details, your works its amazing. 

2013-11-21, 16:12:19
Reply #18

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Thanks for the comparison images. You seem to be pretty good at stopping postwork at the right moment ;) I always have to take back my stuff at least 50% to not make it look too crazy (and it's still too much ;) ). It's the subtle changes that make the renderings look so "photographic".

Maybe I'll take a look at magicBullet (LOOKS!). I always thought it would be some "advanced-photoshop-filter-catalog" for people who are not willing to (or not knowing how to) do their own curves and stuff, but it looks useful if you can split it up in different separate tools.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-11-21, 16:32:36
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks for the comparison images. You seem to be pretty good at stopping postwork at the right moment ;) I always have to take back my stuff at least 50% to not make it look too crazy (and it's still too much ;) ). It's the subtle changes that make the renderings look so "photographic".

Maybe I'll take a look at magicBullet (LOOKS!). I always thought it would be some "advanced-photoshop-filter-catalog" for people who are not willing to (or not knowing how to) do their own curves and stuff, but it looks useful if you can split it up in different separate tools.

The presets are very cinematic, definitely not fitting for regular "photography" work :- ) It would look extremely instagramy. So I build the basics from scratch.

I don't actually consider myself great at subtlety, and sometimes intentionally just don't care and overdo it as well. After all, it can contribute to certain style and if I had to be precice&picky I would have lost my hair by now. I don't really care about mistakes in my works, I always strife for certain bigger picture and the rest be damned. Archviz world is filled with too much obssesion about unimportant things ;- )

PS:There is actually a more "advanced-photoshop-filter-catalog", it's called MagicBullet PhotoLooks instead, and is very much like just instagram, oversimplified version with very crunchy presets.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-11-21, 16:44:19
Reply #20

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
Have you tried Lightroom for your final tweaks Juraj? It supports 32 images too (you'll need to convert your exr to tif though). The only thing it can't really do is any kind of diffusion (bloom, glare) but otherwise I love working on my images in it as it is much more photographer friendly.

2013-11-21, 17:24:05
Reply #21

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I always have to take back my stuff at least 50% to not make it look too crazy (and it's still too much ;) ). It's the subtle changes that make the renderings look so "photographic".
To solve this I usually load up the default untouched file onto a new layer and blend it by 33-50%. Or take a break and look at the processed file after some time.  :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-21, 17:25:07
Reply #22

caixadoricardo

hi Juraj_Talcik!

really nice pictures ;)

the other day i was trying to scatter pebbles the way you did but without success, have you used some special trick?

thanks a lot for your sharing your knowledge  :)

2013-11-21, 17:41:53
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the material setups! (they are on the previous page if some didn't notice (like me ;) ))
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-21, 18:38:34
Reply #24

DraKeXXI

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Alex Ruano
Pure gold, Juraj. Thanks a lot for sharing..........very inspiring work!
Projects like these are the impulse I need to put my hands on Corona :)

2013-11-21, 22:22:41
Reply #25

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thank you guys :- ).

Anyway, I got pretty important news from client and I need to go into turbo mode for next 4 days. So I will continue with everything here next week ! Sorry about this, I am in huge hurry

-----------------------
Few more though:

the other day i was trying to scatter pebbles the way you did but without success, have you used some special trick?

It is prepared mesh (not scattered in scene) from Arroway Gravel collection. It's crazy collection, just wait till you see it..

Have you tried Lightroom for your final tweaks Juraj? It supports 32 images too (you'll need to convert your exr to tif though). The only thing it can't really do is any kind of diffusion (bloom, glare) but otherwise I love working on my images in it as it is much more photographer friendly.

I've been eying it for some time, but I am slow/rigid in integrating new tools. But I plan one photography workshop in Amsterdam and I'll definitely see how they work inside it for architectural photography.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-21, 23:11:05 by Juraj_Talcik »

2013-11-21, 23:15:14
Reply #26

modern_babylon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic Juraj, thanks for this. I can wait to really read through ti a few times.  I'm really interested with the custom hdri you made to include the landscape (I though that would have been postwork).

Excellent stuff! :)

2013-11-22, 01:04:16
Reply #27

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Amazing quality render, one of the best here, you deserve great awards for that one :D

2013-11-22, 17:02:24
Reply #28

renovatio

• Users
    • View Profile
Ohh, very high quality rendering

2013-11-22, 18:26:40
Reply #29

lylemills

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Amazing work. Are we going to have to include you in the "holy trinity" (Bertrand B., Peter G., Alex R.) of arch-viz/interior design CG artists?

I noticed your comments about Magic Bullet Photo Looks. Take a look at Google's Nik Collection - very good set of plugins/filters. Free if you purchased any of Nik's plugins in the past. I think they pretty much do what Magic Bullet does, but at a fraction of the price.