Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 55212 times)

2019-04-16, 16:15:44
Reply #90

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi all,

It's high time we released another daily build of Corona Renderer 4 for Cinema 4D. This time, we focused on fixing some of the more annoying user issues and there will be more of them in the following dailies. In particular, the way that Corona resolved color of lights under instances or cloners was changed to work more consistently. Another change that we're sure a lot of you will be happy about is the implementation of stacking of displacement channels. As usual, to download the daily and/or for the full list of changes, see the links below.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--L2vBzH3sFxSfdglqlHoxF9NCS2W2xU

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23346.msg147569#msg147569

2019-04-16, 16:24:53
Reply #91

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds great.

Do you know if the freezing during material creation/editing in the last two dailies has been addressed?

(reply #50, #76 in this thread)

Thanks,

-Shane

2019-04-16, 17:29:47
Reply #92

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

during the IR, changing the camera the settings are lost. Can it be solved in the future?

Hmm, you are right, it really behaves in a weird way! Just cube + light + 2x Corona Camera in the scene and when I'm playing with the tone mapping settings in the VFB, the values in both cameras are somehow changed, although only the value in the active camera should change... We'll take a look at it

exactly the procedure is this, in a scene with many cameras set with its own values, in IR selecting a different camera the values all return to 0.
It would be very useful if it were fixed, because every time to avoid this I have to stop IR, select a different camera and then re-launch IR

Hi,

this requires a lot of work or will it be solved soon?
thank you

2019-04-16, 18:01:30
Reply #93

HenrikH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Stacking of displacement channels, that is fantastic!
Thank you guys!

2019-04-18, 13:00:25
Reply #94

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Sounds great.

Do you know if the freezing during material creation/editing in the last two dailies has been addressed?

Thanks,

-Shane

Hi Shane! We are not experiencing any freezes on our Mac machines. Could you provide us with more information? A video would be nice for starters.

Also, when the C4D is hanging, could you send us the result of "View" -> "Sample process" in the "Activity monitor" for the C4D process?
It might also be the result of some other plugin conflicting with C4D. What other plugins do you have installed? Edit: I just read your previous post, where you said that you uninstalled all the plugins and the material creation is still slow for you. In that case, the sample of the process would be great!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-04-18, 14:22:58 by houska »

2019-04-19, 12:53:33
Reply #95

Konichowaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@houska

will you be continuing only corona 4 development or also 3 with a hotfix 3? p.e. with the lights in instance/cloners, just asking because because Ranchcomputing renderfarm is still on core 3...
Koen Van haesendonck
3D-lab - www.3d-lab.be

2019-04-19, 23:30:17
Reply #96

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds great.

Thanks,

-Shane

Hi Shane! We are not experiencing any freezes on our Mac machines. Could you provide us with more information? A video would be nice for starters.

Also, when the C4D is hanging, could you send us the result of "View" -> "Sample process" in the "Activity monitor" for the C4D process?
It might also be the result of some other plugin conflicting with C4D. What other plugins do you have installed? Edit: I just read your previous post, where you said that you uninstalled all the plugins and the material creation is still slow for you. In that case, the sample of the process would be great!

Thanks!

Hi Houska, attached is a video of the issue and a process sample.

Thanks,

-Shane

2019-04-23, 10:55:46
Reply #97

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Corona Image Editor not working in new release. (Mac OS).

2019-04-25, 13:07:00
Reply #98

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I get the same issue with the image editor. It won't start at all.
Not sure how much other people use the image editor but I find I am using it all the time. Definitely can't live without it :-)

OSX 10:13:6
R20.059

2019-04-25, 14:13:38
Reply #99

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Corona Image Editor not working in new release. (Mac OS).

Same here.
MacOS 10.14.4

2019-04-25, 14:32:13
Reply #100

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I get the same issue with the image editor. It won't start at all.
Not sure how much other people use the image editor but I find I am using it all the time. Definitely can't live without it :-)

Hi! Sorry for this issue. It will be fixed in the next daily build.

2019-04-25, 16:14:36
Reply #101

Exactly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some quick testing with cloners and instance modes:

Cloner instance mode=Instance
Cloned Object=Corona Lights (IES & non IES)
Works in IR
Works in PV/VFB

Cloned Object=Primative
Works in IR
Works in PV/VFB

Cloner instance mode=Render Instance
Works in IR
Does Not Works in PV/VFB (cloned lights don't show)

Cloned Object=Primative
Works in IR
Works in PV/VFB

Cloner instance mode=Multi Instance
Does Not Work in IR
Does Not Work in PV/VFB (no lights show at all)

Cloned Object=Primative
Does Not Work in IR
Works (yes, works!) in PV/VFB

OSX 10:13:6
R20.059
« Last Edit: 2019-04-25, 19:06:11 by Exactly »

2019-05-03, 16:40:10
Reply #102

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds great.

Thanks,

-Shane

Thanks!

Hi Houska, attached is a video of the issue and a process sample.

Thanks,

-Shane

Hi Houska, were you guys able to reproduce the freezing or get any clues from the process sample?  Do you need any further info from me to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

-Shane

2019-05-03, 19:50:49
Reply #103

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Nice Friday to all of you, folks!

Corona for C4D team is here with another daily build of the Corona for C4D plugin. We include the newest features from the Core, including the improved caustics solver and the Corona fisheye camera. All your feedback is highly welcome for these two features.

But apart from new features, we also fixed a number of annoying issues. One of them was a material preview freeze, so we hope it was the issue that was haunting you guys! The full list of fixes can be found in the changelog below.

Download the new daily build here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--L2vBzH3sFxSfdglqlHoxF9NCS2W2xU

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23346.msg148426#msg148426

2019-05-03, 20:25:28
Reply #104

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Super cool Houska & Corona team!

Been working on a big project with the 4 Beta those days.
Works like a charm.

The only thing that seems to somehow differ from the previous versions, is how the light / GI is calculated when HDRs are used...
Could this be correct? Will attach some A/B-examples those days.

What seems amazing ist the performance that I experience with the Beta on an iMac pro 8Core.

It renders literally 10x faster than Core 1.7 Beta, which I am using on an older iMac 4Core.
Theoretically my new iMac Pro should be "just" 4 times faster than my older one.
But as mentioned, I experience a shortage of render time by 10 x.
So, I guess you guys did some optimization in Core 4 ?

Great work, Corona team !
You rock!