Author Topic: Corona Legacy Materials..........once again  (Read 2912 times)

2021-07-28, 01:35:57

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Just spent 6 hours trying to fix a large model, and its now 1am.
New release is crashing with a revit imported, and it worked fine on the last release, .
Now I have stepped back to 6 hotfix 2 and all the textures are gone, and so is the deadline.
Seriously ...... that's not on, compatibility is important.
To have to retexture a large model this late in a project is just not on................
Pi**ed off with Corona now.
« Last Edit: 2021-07-28, 10:41:15 by Philip kelly »
Dell Precision T7910

2021-07-28, 10:56:28
Reply #1

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which version is crashing? V7? At what point does it crash etc?

If you've upgraded from 6 to 7 mid project, that's not really Corona's fault or the dev teams.  Upgrading mid-project is never a great idea, purely because of any compatibility issues.  And you should always save a version in the old-release and not overwrite it with a save in the new release.

2021-07-28, 11:42:53
Reply #2

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you for the reply.
It crashes just after parsing, and when it about to produce the image.
But , surely a full version 7 should not have issues  and should be safe to move to a newer version , when projects go on for months, that's what happens on a day to day basis, if you understand me.

Frustration on massive revit models even stripped out , are so slow to work with.

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2021-07-28, 13:54:48
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There will probably always be some corner cases that only a few 'lucky' ones come across, and since only a few people risk using RCs in production these issues will surface only after the release.
Do you have anything in the scene that could trigger it? If you can find the time to provide the scene to support they might be able to fix it soon.

2021-07-28, 16:28:11
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi!

Would you be able to send over the scene in question? Instructions on how to do so can be found in my signature.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-28, 20:40:20
Reply #5

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for the reply.
It crashes just after parsing, and when it about to produce the image.
But , surely a full version 7 should not have issues  and should be safe to move to a newer version , when projects go on for months, that's what happens on a day to day basis, if you understand me.

Frustration on massive revit models even stripped out , are so slow to work with.

Phil

How are you importing them?  Are they simply imported, or Linked then Merged (not sure if that's the correct terminology)

2021-07-28, 23:35:20
Reply #6

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you for all the replies, I have uploaded the file with a the link given to a dropbox folder.
Thank you for the assistance.

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2021-08-03, 13:23:56
Reply #7

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Corona Admin, any update on the model submitted. It will come up again. Once I remodeled all, it rendered fine. But I would still like to know what the issue was.
Thank you

Philip
Dell Precision T7910

2021-08-03, 16:12:17
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@Philip - interesting, but the file actually crashes for me in Corona 6 HF2 and renders fine in Corona 7 (I am not joking).
Can you please explain how to reproduce the issue? I just opened the file and pressed F9.
Since it was just a single .max file, I also had to ignore some warnings about missing Autodesk material library items and missing textures (in case it's related).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-09, 11:05:36
Reply #9

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Hi
Thank you for the reply.
I had rendered it originally in 6.2 and it rendered fine.
The original file was a revit file imported straight in max, and retextured.
 When I updated to 7, it crashed every time, I remodeled it all and then it was file.
I found it was the handrails and the balustrade and stemsp and side flange to the step supports. So I am really not sure what the story is.
I originally thought it may have been a reflective material I was using from the Preset to render the handrails.
Strange one.
But thank you for looking into it.

Phil

Dell Precision T7910

2021-08-10, 17:04:54
Reply #10

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just to be sure - is it ok to assume that your original issue is resolved now and that it was caused by some of the Revit-imported assets?
Or do you think we should investigate further?
I am asking mainly because we were not able to reproduce the issue, so I am not sure what the next steps could be. If you have a file which crashes in Corona 7 but renders fine with Corona 6, please send it.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us