Author Topic: Object as layers with separate shadow maps  (Read 991 times)

2023-09-21, 10:55:00

PWM-E

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good Morning

First of all, I must say I love CORONA straight out of the box.

Lighting and all is just WOW.

I am trying to understand what is the best way to Proceed with this need.

I have made a glove for a client and their designer asked if each part could be rendered separately for them to do their magic in compositing.
Now that I have done each part is on a separate PNG with a transparent background but I also need for the shadows to be there from when the glove was whole.

What would be the best way to do so? is there a way to have shadows on a separate render pass and then for them to add them and tweak as they please also can I set up the glove to be rendered in parts instead of tweaking each part and then pressing render?

Hope it makes sense

The whole glove is attached so you can see what I mean ( each part is a separate mesh )

2023-09-21, 12:08:56
Reply #1

PWM-E

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I figured out how to but shadows do not look as soft as they would look if the glove is rendered as one.

Is this due to the fact light is no longer bouncing off the white surface but shadow catcher, therefore, shadows look a lot darker when I render each part separate.

Thanks

2023-09-21, 16:54:08
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure what your solution is, did you break the mesh up and each finger is a separate object? Well anyway, assuming you made each "part" into a separate object, you can add a Corona Compositing Tag to each part. The one part that will render, leave all the options ON. All the other parts, turn OFF Seen By Camera. This way, and shadows should still appear on each part as if it was whole. You just need to have those settings change so you can render each part. Hope that makes sense.

2023-09-21, 16:56:04
Reply #3

PWM-E

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey.

That is something I nee to try now.

I just chucked Shadow catcher on each part leaving out the one i wanted to render each time ( 6 parts in total)

But Compositing tag looks a lot better

let me test that and get back to you

2023-09-23, 02:11:09
Reply #4

PWM-E

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure what your solution is, did you break the mesh up and each finger is a separate object? Well anyway, assuming you made each "part" into a separate object, you can add a Corona Compositing Tag to each part. The one part that will render, leave all the options ON. All the other parts, turn OFF Seen By Camera. This way, shadows should still appear on each part as if it were whole. You just need to have those settings changed so you can render each part. Hope that makes sense.

I tried your method but that then leaves me to many back faces as I split mesh in chunks but they are not 2D chunks if that makes sense for example, the Wrist is a round object. Unless there is way to exclude backfaces

The shadows were nice tho

2023-09-25, 10:50:17
Reply #5

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Make a two sided material, w/ normals pointing away from camera creating surface invisible/transparent (Opacity 0).

2023-09-26, 01:59:48
Reply #6

PWM-E

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you.

Will give that a go !

2023-09-30, 13:41:48
Reply #7

PWM-E

• Active Users
    • View Profile