Author Topic: missing gamma correction  (Read 1014 times)

2024-06-06, 14:20:29

cwallon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
gamma correction wich was recentlty added in the tone mapping seems to have disappeared in the two last builds (2024-04-19 and 2024-05-10)
when installing these two last builds, If you open a scene with a camera containing gamma correction from the previous build,
the scene will crash when you select either the camera or the camera tag, or if you try to render with it.
this is sad because because it is an important feature to me ..
are you planning to re integrate it ?
thank you !

charles

2024-06-06, 14:25:00
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Do see the other threads on this :) From those threads, there are two points - point 1, the gamma was added for technical reasons to adapt to the new OCIO / Color Management in Max and C4D, until we changed Corona to be compatible with that new functionality; the technical gamma was removed once Corona was compatible. Point 2, we'll be adding Gamma, Gain, and Lift to tone mapping, as the artistic gamma, as people had started using the one added purely for technical reasons as an artistic control (not its intended use), and this will be in Corona  12.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-06-06, 15:18:13
Reply #2

cwallon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Tom for that quick answer !
and sorry for missing the other threads, I'll have a look.

charles.

2024-06-06, 17:28:17
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It can be easy to miss - forum search functionality is horrible :( As an aside, that should be addressed toward the end of the year though, as we are looking in to new forum platforms; a long time out before we see what any decisions are, but it's good it is being looked into as I do dislike the search on here.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us