Author Topic: Autodesk the biggest bully  (Read 2556 times)

2015-05-15, 14:02:37

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just got wind that Autodesk engages third party software vendors to use tactics to like forcing memory hog program Revit down Architectural companies throats. How they do it is ruthless. They invite themselves into a company and demand for licenses. One of the practices I know let them check licenses because they were CONFIDENT that all licenses were in place. However this !@!@ vendor found an OLD VERSION OF 3D Viz on the computer, alongside the latest version of the license. This vendor then went back and sent a Lawyer's Letter that demanded a fine from Autodesk to the tune of EU25,000. This is just BULL@#$#. VERY UPSET to HEAR this.

2015-05-15, 14:48:22
Reply #1

Rimas

• Active Users
  • Please refer all complaints to a brick wall nearby
    • View Profile
That just made no sense.

But in other news, we were about to get charged £400 more for a yearly 3Ds MAX subscription because it was automatically renewed. I'm saying MORE because it was rolling over at the old price we originally subscribed at and during the last year it became 400 quid cheaper. No discount if you don't notice it!

Luckily for us my boss recently changed his bank card prior to the renewal and they couldn't charge us, so we still saved the money by having to order a new license anyway. But beware, if things get cheaper - the savings won't be passed on to you (confirmed by the license agreement and the representative I spoke to regarding the issue).
A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness...