Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524491 times)

2016-08-01, 15:43:24
Reply #330

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Nodes need no windows (- 120€) + more chance that other developers chime in.

yes, but Ryuu's point was that they also need 3ds max ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-02, 14:32:03
Reply #331

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, yes... and plugins ;)

2016-08-03, 00:28:40
Reply #332

MarsYellow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have spent the last couple of hours reading all the pages in this post and i like the fact that some features actually came from a user request .
I have a request but it is not a very ordinary request so brace yourself :)
I know I am going really old school here but bare with me ...Ever since unreal engine 4 was released arch-viz artists started learning it because it proved being really powerful in rendering architectural animations plus it renders in real time !!!
I think what unreal is capable of doing can be achieved in any other renderer with some simple tools !!!the main problem is reflections ,so i would like to see something similar to unreal engine reflection actors ,i am not asking for real time reflections but very fast fake reflections that doesn't have to be as accurate as raytraced reflections only it should look good enough to fool the viewer .
I know this might be against your philosophy but it can be really useful for architectural animations which is your main focus so far .
So basically i am asking for fake reflections that look very good and realistic and render very fast i think we can combine Gi baking (with render to texture) with fake reflections and render some very realistic architectural animations without going through the trouble of exporting the scene to unreal ...that can be a huge time saver .
This feature is a killer one that will attract arch-viz artists like a magnet trust me :)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-03, 00:35:39 by RamiGharib »

2016-08-05, 11:01:39
Reply #333

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

This feature is a killer one that will attract arch-viz artists like a magnet trust me :)

Why would it ? Setting up reflection captures like spheres and planes is absolutely counter to simple off-line rendering methods and the visual quality and accuracy is still poor. People use off-line renderers for simple workflow, perfect GI and AA quality and correct material behaviour.

What it could do, is screen-space reflection approximation (those are pretty damn accurate and good looking, although with screen-space limitation), but even that is absurd. In fact, this is something 3ds Max should do in viewport imho one day.... if they ever introduce true real-time one like the one in Maya.

Corona (and others like Arnold,etc..) are based on absolute physical correctness. We don't even have reflection/refraction depth and other bias methods, so why introduce something that's the brutest form of approximation that exists ?

Merging bicycle and car doesn't sound like the best idea. I doubt there will be any support for this.

(Disclaimer: I absolutely love Unreal 4 ).

Did you look into Art--> Stingray workflow in 3dsMax 2017 ? You can bake the scene and use the same shaders for off-line and realtime. But that's because it's two separate engines. Corona would have to write it's own new real-time core.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-08-06, 13:29:34
Reply #334

MarsYellow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes i agree with you using real time methods is not a good idea that is why I stated that I am not asking  for real time stuff anything similar works.....actually I am not interested in GPU solution at all I am interested in CPU solution .

all I am asking for is faster reflections without worrying about the physical accuracy if it is spherical actors it works for me if it is screen space reflections it works too !!(by the way the voxel cone tracing results are amazing for GI and reflections)

For example scanline renderer has a flat mirror shader that works only on flat surfaces -knowing it has limitations tells me that it renders faster than raytraced reflections- so the advantage of this shader is the fact that most of the reflections in an architectural scene happen on flat surfaces ex:walls ,and most of the render time is spent on those high glossy reflections so using this shader will save us a lot of time .
Here it is :
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-B6282DC2-8E18-4FE5-BEE1-819CFA154015-htm.html

I don't really know how these things actually work and if it is even possible to use for example voxel cone tracing in off-line
rendering but if it is I think it is something worth requesting !!

Yes I have seen Stingray but it is still young it might become something in the future but not just yet (The 3ds max-Stingray workflow is very smooth though )
« Last Edit: 2016-08-06, 16:53:14 by RamiGharib »

2016-08-07, 03:52:02
Reply #335

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I want Caustics, Sun Pool Caustics. I've tried the other Corona render engines and I cannot get clean results.
Sun Pool Caustics
Sun Pool Caustics
Sun Pool Caustics
Sun Pool Caustics
Sun Pool Caustics
Sun Pool Caustics
Sun Pool Caustics :)

2016-08-07, 08:44:19
Reply #336

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah caustics and dispersion would be nice to have. But also hair shading and skin shader.. So much to come.

2016-08-07, 22:28:28
Reply #337

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While taking a look at tolgahan's 'Avisgrafik animation test' saw lost detail on grass, I remembered another helpful feature: Noise Mask (either based on object/material ID or alpha).

Could it be possible?

PS
Apologies if it was mentioned & answered before (please, link me).

2016-08-07, 22:50:52
Reply #338

tolgahan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Architectural visualization & Graphic design
While taking a look at tolgahan's 'Avisgrafik animation test' saw lost detail on grass, I remembered another helpful feature: Noise Mask (either based on object/material ID or alpha).

Could it be possible?

PS

or include & exclude  option like aopass
Imagination is more important than knowlege

2016-08-08, 00:07:57
Reply #339

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Could it be possible?

PS

And sequences frame support in Corona Bitmap at least for water animation in pool+PSD format support   /weird like this had to be done in the first place/

2016-09-05, 14:44:10
Reply #340

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please return the checker low thread priority
For the interior do not need it. For exteriors very necessary because many scenes not render because I have low RAM(64Gb) and this checker help fix this.
Sorry for my bad English.

2016-09-05, 14:58:27
Reply #341

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removed:
  • Multilight/light select pass
  • Better DR
  • Better displacement
because they are all done/being worked on and close to finish
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-05, 15:09:49
Reply #342

kolatsky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please return Old sun. Old sun was better.

2016-09-05, 16:15:00
Reply #343

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Please return Old sun. Old sun was better.
Do you mean the one which appears if you click on "use target" option in sun settings?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-28, 17:53:48
Reply #344

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
I don't understand why "Include reflections/refractions in render passes" has so few votes.

Surely this is super important to anyone that needs to do quick edits in photoshop because the client suddenly doesn't like the shade of paint on the building, but you can't change it because some of it is behind glass so now you have to render the whole building over again.

Seems like a really necessary feature...