Author Topic: scene parsing very very slow with new machine  (Read 1130 times)

2021-02-22, 18:48:58

crazybum2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear users,
I have a problem with my new machine and i don't think it comes from Corona software but maybe you will be abble to help me.

Scene parsing duration is ten to twenty times longer than with my older machine.

So my question is : what is exactly happened in the scene parsing ? Is it something in relation with texture loading ? What exactly can slow the scene parsing ?

Config info about my new machine (way bigger than the older one) :
 AMD ryzen threadripper 3960X, 256GB ram, windows 10 64bits, Geforce RTX3080, C4D R19, Corona 6 HF1.
As my older machine, C4D Scene is on sata hardrive, C drive is a SSD and Texture database on a another SSD.
The only difference is : my older machine use SSD M2 but the new one use "simple" SSD.

Just another precision : I tried with R23 demo and have the same problem. Also, loading scene is abnormally long (that's why I think about a problem with the textures loading)

Thanks a lot if you have any suggestions about the scene parsing process, I feel so disapointed to have a Lamborghini and use it as an old Ford T ...

Best regards to all and have fun with the incredible corona renderer !!

PS : sorry for english mistake...

2021-02-23, 09:16:46
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello, I will move this to "I need help!", so that it is more visible to users willing to share their experience. If we find that it is indeed a corona bug, I will bring it back here.

At this point it is very hard for me to say, does this happen for complex only or even for simple scenes?
If for simple, would it be possible to try to compare it with Standard (or any other) renderer?

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.