Author Topic: Chrome Texture with Anisotropic Reflections  (Read 1253 times)

2021-02-05, 23:02:04

mplatt

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm trying to make a chrome texture with anisotropic reflections but stretching the reflections doesn't work with glossiness at 1 which I need.  They'd like it to look like the attached picture.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

2021-02-06, 01:38:57
Reply #1

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Care to show what you did or better yet, provide your study/test scene. 
"Build it and they will come."
;)

2021-02-06, 10:20:21
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi,

First of all, anisotroping reflection without some amount of blurring, is impossible by definition. Second, i don't think that your attached example has any perceivable anisotropic reflections. What i see in it, is highly specular isotropic reflection, distorted by the shape of the object plus high contrast enviroment, which gives impression of anisotropy where there is none.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-02-06, 18:31:20
Reply #3

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I agree with Romullus. This is a simple product photography setup where, most likely, there is a small room made up of large softbox lights and/or reflectors. You can get the dark areas by simply leaving gaps in the panels and adjust as necessary. I made these two examples for you. I would have posted the scene file, but it crashed before I saved it, so I sketched out the box I had made for the shot on the right.

This doesn't match your example exactly, but that's where you would come in to make adjustments. The photographer spent lots of time perfecting his studio to create nice reflections. 3D is only a reflection of real life. Mostly.

I hope this makes sense.