Author Topic: Using Team Render - can't add an machine  (Read 2578 times)

2021-01-25, 09:20:32

KABCYAAN

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello

I am currently using my iMac (A) with Cinema 4D S22 for rendering. Now I want to add an iMac (B) with Cinema 4D Visualize as a team render machine.

For iMac (A) I have already activated the team render mode under "Preferences". Now I should add my iMac (B) in the "Team Render Machines" window. I have tried this via the IP address, which does not work. The following message appears:
"You cannot connect on port 0. To connect to the remote machine use a static port or use Bonjour".

Both iMacs are connected to each other via a network cable.

Do you know a solution?

Thank you very much for your help.

2021-01-25, 09:44:21
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Did you also enable everything in the other mac's preferences?
In Cinema 4D Team Render Client, there are also Machine>Preferences.
Make sure you also add the port at the end of the ip address, but generally Computer Name:port should work (both can be seen in the Team Render Client preferences).
So e.g. for me, I have Team Render enabled on my second computer and I connect by "secondpc:5401" as secondpc is the computer name and 5401 is the port.

Let me know if this helps,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-02-08, 22:42:35
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What caught my eye is your line "Both iMacs are connected to each other via a network cable."
Are you saying there is an Ethernet cable going from the back of one iMac to the other iMac? This will not work. You need a routher of some kind. Can you clarify?