Author Topic: Corona + Laubwerk = Crash !!SOLVED!!  (Read 1648 times)

2017-10-11, 13:57:24

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Hi

I am facing big problems while using corona and Laubwerk trees in 3d s max. Each time i've selected a Laubwerk tree and hit the render button corona freezes while transforming vertices. This is ultra tedious because it happens so often. I did a test with v ray to check if it is a max problem, but it does not seem to be the case. It must be something between laubwerk and corona. The problem exists since some years. Right now i use Corona 1.7 but had same problems with earlier versions as well.

I did some further testing and realized, the the problem only occures when the laubwerk tree is displayed in pointcloud mode or simple geometrie.
But I cant display all of my trees as full geometry objects.

Maybe there is a quick way to fix this problem.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-11, 15:31:12 by Mr.Schorsch »

2017-10-11, 14:03:01
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Haven't used Laubwerk for a while now, but this problem should be solved in latest version of the Laubwerk plugin.

So unless the problem has returned, make sure you're using the latest Laubwerk version.

2017-10-11, 14:38:00
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Yes, this should be fixed since LW player 1.0.22b5. I hope yours is older ;)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-10-11, 15:30:24
Reply #3

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Jup! That did the trick. I did not knew that there was an update available for the Laubwerk player. And even after you told me, it took some time to figure out how to update it. I was looking for an update button or an update file on their website. Just reloading and reinstalling the player was to easy for me.

So thank you for the help guys.

Have a nice day.