Author Topic: itoo forest preset masking  (Read 1828 times)

2017-05-04, 15:49:52

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
Hi

I would like to use the forest presets with corona. The big Problem is that corona does not handle the forest object as one maskable object.
when scattering other stuff i use the id's of the scattered objekts to make them appear in the mask. unfortunately i can't select the preset objects to give them id's.
Does anyone know a solution for this Problem.

Thanks

2017-05-04, 16:58:09
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
unfortunately i can't select the preset objects to give them id's.

As far as I know Itoo abandoned xref objects for their own library/presets to maintain scene backward compatibility. The objects are just copied to the forest_templates layer. You should be able to access them there as usual. Of course changing the preset inside the Forest object (adding new geometry) means redoing IDs/mask selections.

Hmm we need adjusted child/container handling sooner or later.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-05-05, 09:38:05
Reply #2

Mr.Schorsch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • fokuspunkt
unfortunately i can't select the preset objects to give them id's.

As far as I know Itoo abandoned xref objects for their own library/presets to maintain scene backward compatibility. The objects are just copied to the forest_templates layer. You should be able to access them there as usual. Of course changing the preset inside the Forest object (adding new geometry) means redoing IDs/mask selections.

Hmm we need adjusted child/container handling sooner or later.

Good Luck

Bam!!
It works! I must admit i've never opened the forest template layer. Selecting the stuff there gave me the posibility to give them object IDs.
Knowing this helps a lot.

Thank you!