Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Include/Exclude for HDRI Lighting

(1/1)

Ahmad Kouti:
Hi,

Can we have an option to include or exclude objects from HDRI light that I have assigned in the scene environment section?

maru:
We already have a feature request like this logged. If you could provide us with a use case when exactly something like this would be useful, that would be perfect.

(Internal ID=436869814)

Ahmad Kouti:
It can be used in different places, what I mean is a function like Vray dome light that you have options like a normal light.

for example, I want HDRI lighting for only one object in some projects and use artificial light for the rest of the objects.

Deckard:

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-01-05, 13:43:23 ---We already have a feature request like this logged. If you could provide us with a use case when exactly something like this would be useful, that would be perfect.

(Internal ID=436869814)

--- End quote ---
I also often wish I had this feature available. It would be useful in an instance where you have an interior scene with a backdrop image for the view out of the windows, and you want the backdrop image to be excluded from environment lighting and be lit from a light of its own.

davidmason:

--- Quote from: maru on 2021-01-05, 13:43:23 ---We already have a feature request like this logged. If you could provide us with a use case when exactly something like this would be useful, that would be perfect.

(Internal ID=436869814)

--- End quote ---

- To light a scene with HDRi light but being able to exclude some objects and let them lit by only area lights instead of HDRi
- This feature is already avaialble on other renderers like Arnold, Redshift etc. and its a necessary useful feature for any light type.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version