Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Your input needed: Background overrides

<< < (2/4) > >>

loocas:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-09-28, 15:13:53 ---Remove all main background settings from Corona dialogue, use 3dsmax's entirely
--- End quote ---

This!

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-09-28, 15:13:53 ---Second problem: What should be overridable on per-material basis? Only reflections? Reflections&refractions? Direct rays (what is seen through transparent materials)? What is seen on diffuse surfaces?
--- End quote ---

finalRender can override per material all reflections, refractions and GI, but I've personally never used the GI override, to be honest. So my vote would go to only Reflect/Refract overrides per material.

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-09-28, 15:13:53 ---And the last problem is how to implement the per-material overrides in GUI. One possibility is to add map slots for all of them. Other possibility is to create a special Corona map that will have the different slots for different overrides. This was proposed by somebody (I dont remember who) as easy way to intechange prepared "presets" of backgrounds.
--- End quote ---

See attachment.

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-09-28, 15:13:53 ---Third problem: Implement individual overrides or "override shader" texmap? Which is more user-friendly? Do the override shader also for global overrides?
--- End quote ---

Don't mimic mental ray. :) Use direct overrides, not specific shaders. ;)

Ondra:
Hm, I like the idea of Main environment radio button switch between "Use 3dmax enviro settings" and values specified in renderer dialogue.... ;)

loocas:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-09-28, 17:51:11 ---Hm, I like the idea of Main environment radio button switch between "Use 3dmax enviro settings" and values specified in renderer dialogue.... ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, that's the whole point. :)

Ondra:
I guess thats the way how to eat the cake and have it too - you dont have to switch to different dialogue to setup each scene, but scripters wont get screwed over ;). So that solves #1 problem.

#2: overriding reflect, refract & opacity is fine by me. Overriding diffuse would be VERY hard ;).

#3: still remains.

loocas:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2012-09-28, 17:58:23 ---I guess thats the way how to eat the cake and have it too - you dont have to switch to different dialogue to setup each scene, but scripters wont get screwed over ;). So that solves #1 problem.

#2: overriding reflect, refract & opacity is fine by me. Overriding diffuse would be VERY hard ;).

#3: still remains.

--- End quote ---

What is a Diffuse override?

And what is a Opacity override (do you consider opacity as refraction?), if so, you should NOT treat opacity as refraction with the index of 1, because refraction with the index of 1 is refraction with the index of 1 :) Opacity does NOT exist in the real world and is very, very useful for creating cut-outs and mattes in the CGI world. It should NOT show the same bg as the refraction override dictates! EVER!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version