Author Topic: Personal project "Computing and Engineering building" Coventry UNI.  (Read 2958 times)

2019-10-23, 00:11:56

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
This is the first time I'm publishing on this forum!

Finally, after ages, I've managed to spend some of my free time updating my portfolio, and this is the first few images that I created.

The main focus while working on this project was on image composition and lighting with the aim of creating different atmospheres and feelings in a modern public building.

2019-10-23, 08:07:52
Reply #1

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Excellent.
Great work.
Dell Precision T7910

2019-10-23, 10:54:15
Reply #2

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Philip!!
Any comment and critics are more then welcome!

2019-10-23, 21:44:28
Reply #3

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Is there a reason there is a wood member missing on the right side (from the inside) of the hexagonal window?

Besides that small quirk, it looks great. Is that guy with the dreads a 3d model?

2019-10-24, 00:26:11
Reply #4

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
with the wood member, you mean the perforated timber panels? because they are supposed to be only behind the closed metal panel (from the outside) because if not, obviously the light can't pass through the window. I'm not sure if I got the comment right, because I'm not sure where I have to look at.
and the guy with the dreadlocks it's actually me.. :) one my hobby it's also photography I shot myself with a green screen and composite inside the render in postproduction, this because I can replicate similar lighting and colour grading the photo much easily.

2019-10-24, 16:50:01
Reply #5

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
with the wood member, you mean the perforated timber panels? because they are supposed to be only behind the closed metal panel (from the outside) because if not, obviously the light can't pass through the window. I'm not sure if I got the comment right, because I'm not sure where I have to look at.
and the guy with the dreadlocks it's actually me.. :) one my hobby it's also photography I shot myself with a green screen and composite inside the render in postproduction, this because I can replicate similar lighting and colour grading the photo much easily.

If referring to the wood member that I drew in as red in this image.

2019-10-24, 18:31:53
Reply #6

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ah ok, now I understand! Anyway no, that element is correct.
Basically on the left side the window is divided in 2 parts when in the right side it'a one single piece (on the ground floor).

2019-10-24, 18:42:47
Reply #7

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
love this, when i studied in Coventry this wasn't built yet. I suppose now it's completed. Did you have anything to do with the actual project or you modeled this for fun (sorry, just curious). Your compositions look very cool and photoreal.

thanks,
cheers
Elena V Miller

2019-10-24, 20:17:41
Reply #8

Patrick Dalla Torre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks evalery,
No, I'm not involved with the actual project! in fact part of the challenge it has been to re-create the spaces without accurate CAD drawings but only some pdf that I found online!
Anyway, I built it as an exercise, I was looking for a cool building with some nice architectural features and I fall into this! but now it is time to move on and start a new project!

2019-11-06, 15:49:18
Reply #9

jamesdowling

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Atmos Visuals
Looks great man! modeling is spot on as always.