Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Sun complete revolution impossible ?? :O

(1/5) > >>

Tazok:
Hello !

Completely newbie on corona render (and cinema 4D in same time)
So i must do a animation where the sun do a complete revolution, night, zenith sun and renight.
Seems sooooo simple..... but......... The corona sun can't do a 360° revolution :O !!

How can i do this ? So weird.

When his angle is to -90 it's totally night (zenith night), at 0° it's like dusk, and 90° it's zenith SUN, so totally light, but after you can't continue, it's blocked to 90°, so i can't do a total revolution.
You can only go back, and therefore the shadows don't continue in the right direction, they just... go back...... Lol.
I really don't understand, is it a bug ??
Anyone have a solution please ?

Here's in green what the sun can do, and in red what else i would like to do (a simple revolution.... -_-)

Beanzvision:
Hi there, have you tried putting a C4D sun tag on it?

TomG:
Sun tag would be easiest way - other thing is to flip the Rotation from 0 to 180 in one keyframe when sun hits angle of 90, then repeat going from 90 to 0 in angle as now that goes in the opposite direction :)

bnji:
Hi there,
Please consider sun's translation movement is not like a perfect circle, and inclination will depend on the geographical zone you select. This means e.g., if you use the London city geographical coordinates, the Sun will never be at 90 degrees perpendicular to the Earth (I hope I've explained myself, hehe)
So, as @Beanzvision already mentioned, you can use the C4D Sun tag and use real values (geographical, time & date) to animate the night/day cycle.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards.

Tazok:

--- Quote from: Beanzvision on 2023-05-09, 19:36:14 ---Hi there, have you tried putting a C4D sun tag on it?

--- End quote ---

I have tried but i can only move the sun with hour and days with that, and i nedd my sun to do a specific mouvement for specific shadows, in precise direction so it's complicated with the sun tag, but maybe i haven't understand something.

--- Quote from: TomG on 2023-05-09, 19:39:09 ---Sun tag would be easiest way - other thing is to flip the Rotation from 0 to 180 in one keyframe when sun hits angle of 90, then repeat going from 90 to 0 in angle as now that goes in the opposite direction :)

--- End quote ---

Yes i have the impression thats' gonna finish like this, but... it's.... so much complicated for nothing !
Why just let us make a simple rotation with the angle, even if it's not perfectly "realistic" in the reel world, i don't care, i need to do this animation... Pfff...

--- Quote from: bnji on 2023-05-09, 21:25:52 ---Hi there,
Please consider sun's translation movement is not like a perfect circle, and inclination will depend on the geographical zone you select. This means e.g., if you use the London city geographical coordinates, the Sun will never be at 90 degrees perpendicular to the Earth (I hope I've explained myself, hehe)
So, as @Beanzvision already mentioned, you can use the C4D Sun tag and use real values (geographical, time & date) to animate the night/day cycle.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards.

--- End quote ---

Yes of course, the "realistic" sun can't do this, but here i don't care about the reel movement, i need my sun to do something specific for specific shadows and i can't do it without cheating with the rotation like TomG said.
It's really complicated for nothing for me. I don't understand why they have blocked this..

Anyway, Thanks all, i'm gonna cheat the sun with 10 keyframes, instead of 2... -_-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version