Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

No Motion Blur with HairFarm

(1/1)

plopalou:
Hi,

I'm currently planning to finish some really old projects done with Hair Farm. I've noticed that motion blur doesn't work at all, but with Ornatrix I get good results. Is it possible to add full 3d motion blur support for Hair Farm with CoronaHairMod like in Vray with VRayHairFarmMod. Not sure if this a feature or bug report. :)

Tested Hair Farm motion blur with hair sim and just rotating the hair root object. Neither did work.

Edit1: Further investigating using HairTo PolyStrips modifier will enable Motion Blur, but will mess hair shading. HairTo Splines is unusable (slow) and crashes or freezes Corona. Using Corona 9 3ds Max 2017, hotfix 1.

plopalou:
I did some tests with CGeometry_Velocity pass and moving bunch of hairy balls around and looks like Corona doesn't fully recognize hair created by Hair Display (WSM). I tried adding CoronaHairMod to the Hair Farm object, but it doesn't do anything. Currently afaik there aren't any workarounds to his other than converting hair to mesh strips and rendering everything 2 times (one with Hair Display WSM and HairToMeshStrips WSM) and use Fusion for the motion blur pass.

NazarVitkovskyi:
Logged on Wrike (Internal ID=1108958349)

plopalou:
Thanks Nazar! I really appreciate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version