Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

CoronaVolumeGrid does not want my VDBs

<< < (3/3)

pokoy:
Just tested it and it's true - Corona will always report the VDB as 'empty' regardless of the settings and tweaks I'm using in Embergen.
I've posted a question on their discord, let's see if I get a response. It's really strange as it worked for all the alpha/beta builds of Embergen, no idea why it fails now.

Naxos:

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2023-03-27, 19:41:41 ---Just tested it and it's true - Corona will always report the VDB as 'empty' regardless of the settings and tweaks I'm using in Embergen.
I've posted a question on their discord, let's see if I get a response. It's really strange as it worked for all the alpha/beta builds of Embergen, no idea why it fails now.

--- End quote ---

Maybe something with the new possibility to custom name channels.
I've tested without changing any name, but maybe they put by default wrong ones (caps or something) ?

pokoy:

--- Quote from: Naxos on 2023-03-29, 13:52:55 ---
--- Quote from: pokoy on 2023-03-27, 19:41:41 ---Just tested it and it's true - Corona will always report the VDB as 'empty' regardless of the settings and tweaks I'm using in Embergen.

--- End quote ---

Maybe something with the new possibility to custom name channels.
I've tested without changing any name, but maybe they put by default wrong ones (caps or something) ?

--- End quote ---
Who knows... Initially I thought it maybe was a decimal separator problem. If they rewrote their exporter I thought maybe they didn't check for automatic conversion and proper parsing of the file but changing my OS from comma to dot didn't help unfortunately. I provided some more info to their support and it appears other apps also have problems with VDBs from Embergen 1.0. I'll keep you posted...
Let's hope they have a fix out soon.

pokoy:
Seems the Embergen guys have sorted it out. Just got a VDB file that opens fine in Corona, so the problem is probably solved in an upcoming Embergen update.

pokoy:
@OP - Emebergen 1.0.2 patch is out, according to the release notes this problem should be fixed now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version