Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 112818 times)

2016-08-02, 02:12:04
Reply #255

Visual Impact

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic, I really hope this will be controlled through a lightmixer at render time like Fryrender, such a powerful tool.

2016-08-02, 12:33:46
Reply #256

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic, I really hope this will be controlled through a lightmixer at render time like Fryrender, such a powerful tool.

Yeah that was so good! Is 1.5 near?? Struggling with a scene with finely balanced, hard to control lights at the moment ;)

2016-08-03, 06:50:51
Reply #257

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I don't know if it's a Bug. I opened a scene from 1.4 in Max 2015, and everytime i try to add Corona's ZBuffer element, i had a crash. :(
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-08-03, 19:07:16
Reply #258

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Just tried a empty scene, installed 1.4, max 2015, added Render Element ZBuffer, and crash.

Oops. SOrry. It looks like an old problem, there's already a topic for that... https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=9746.0
« Last Edit: 2016-08-03, 19:12:17 by kumodot »
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2016-08-04, 14:40:41
Reply #259

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys,
How should look like correct workflow on shadesr with PBR Mode in the latest build? Or it's still unusable because of the dark halo effect?
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2016-08-05, 11:09:20
Reply #260

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Well, I have test the same scene with previous build and no crash with displacement, also tested on 32 and 64 gigs of ram, both dual Xeon, new daily crash, previous build renders ok, also haven't scaled any objects and no proxys are too close, closest is about 5 meters and also the proxys aren't scaled, I've just disabled the displacement and it renders perfect, turn on displacement ant it crashes
Can you (or anybody else) provide a scene and/or minidump? It works OK here
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-05, 15:08:44
Reply #261

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry Ondra, ive tried but the error with displacement only happends with the entire scen that is more than 3 gb with all the assets, if i isolate some elements it doesnt give errors, also yesterday we had to downgrade to previos daily build because none of the scenes (even interiors) could be render by backburnner.

2016-08-05, 19:04:37
Reply #262

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, ive found another file that its not too heavy and presents the 3 mayor issues right now with daily build, viewport dropping performance when or after render,  displacement crash on proxys and backburnner error when rendering. Ive upload it to the dropbox folder for corona upload, its called social test

2016-08-07, 08:48:57
Reply #263

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would like to ask about the new pbr shader in the works. Will it be more like disney shader or are you guys looking into the new renderman uber/surface shader. That one should cover any surface type(incl. Skin) plus layering?

2016-08-07, 11:23:41
Reply #264

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
we have not decided yet
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-08, 11:23:21
Reply #265

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would like to ask about the new pbr shader in the works. Will it be more like disney shader or are you guys looking into the new renderman uber/surface shader. That one should cover any surface type(incl. Skin) plus layering?

Both of these are Disney principled shaders :- ). That's basically version1 and version2 (or actually 3, there was update to first one that added SSS for skin). The new one is just as complex and robust as the alShader/Refshift incarnation. It's kind of interesting blend.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-08-08, 11:38:33
Reply #266

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Both of these are Disney principled shaders :- ). That's basically version1 and version2 (or actually 3, there was update to first one that added SSS for skin). The new one is just as complex and robust as the alShader/Refshift incarnation. It's kind of interesting blend.

Yeah, the question was more like "pxrDisney as is" vs "pixar surface" as in "standard but pbr/metallnes,roughness" vs "uber shader usable for skin and coating and whatnot + layering". Can't get my hands on new renderman until fall(non-commercial) but I'm guessing it's awesome lol

2016-08-08, 17:27:10
Reply #267

Sintel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see that Corona Triplanar UVW Mapping is missing in trello roadmap. Would be great to have it, though.
We removed it from out TODO since Autodesk is adding a standard one into the max 2017

Excuse me. Where can I find it in 3ds Max 2017?

2016-08-08, 17:30:16
Reply #268

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
it should be in EXT2

2016-08-08, 18:04:36
Reply #269

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, ive found another file that its not too heavy and presents the 3 mayor issues right now with daily build, viewport dropping performance when or after render,  displacement crash on proxys and backburnner error when rendering. Ive upload it to the dropbox folder for corona upload, its called social test
reproduced, will be fixed