Author Topic: Can't stop render  (Read 4226 times)

2016-11-15, 22:09:02

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really like where Corona is going guys, well impressed with RC2 overall, it's a major step change from the earlier Alphas.

Having said that I'm still getting regular crashe, one of the worst offenders seems to be denoising but it seems more solid than before overall.

I'm also having a problem where I start a render but can't stop it. Closing the picture viewer doesn't give the usual popup to stop the render and the Corona VFB Stop button is greyed out. The only way I've found to stop the render is to quit C4D. This tends to occur after doing a few test renders on a scene while getting the look right.

2016-11-16, 12:09:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for reporting this. I am sure our development team will soon be here and they will let you know whether this is a known issue, or if more information is needed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-22, 18:32:48
Reply #2

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I really like where Corona is going guys, well impressed with RC2 overall, it's a major step change from the earlier Alphas.

Having said that I'm still getting regular crashe, one of the worst offenders seems to be denoising but it seems more solid than before overall.

I'm also having a problem where I start a render but can't stop it. Closing the picture viewer doesn't give the usual popup to stop the render and the Corona VFB Stop button is greyed out. The only way I've found to stop the render is to quit C4D. This tends to occur after doing a few test renders on a scene while getting the look right.

Hi,

Thank you for the bug report. I tried to reproduce the bug, but unfortunately, everything works on my computer. I tried to modify the scene, change the camera position, start the render and after some passes stop the render and I repeated this several times and stopping the render works for me.

I would like to ask you what is the exact procedure to reproduce this bug and what version of Cinema 4D and operating system do you use?

Thank you

2016-11-23, 10:21:31
Reply #3

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikolat

Thanks for taking a look.

I've just taken another look this morning and attached a screenshot of a quick test scene using a 300mb HDRI in the diffuse channel of a material applied to a sky object.

I've recreated it this morning when setting Corona to render to the VFB rather than the picture viewer. I've also noticed that it occurs most often when I start a new render using "shift +R" rather than clicking on the render button within the VFB.

I can't be certain but I've been working on a few poly heavy scenes using forrester so maybe it occurs more often when there's a significant preparing time (~10secs) before the first pass begins?

I'm using Win 10, C4D studio18.028.

I'm not sure if I can share the scene publicly as it has forester trees in it however I can convert the tree objects to polys and send it to you if that helps?

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

2016-11-23, 10:50:12
Reply #4

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
My 2 cents,

i've done a scene with forester plugin, and it was very very very unstable.

2016-11-23, 11:43:23
Reply #5

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what's been working, or not for you?

Other then not being able to stop the render (I'm not sure this is just down to forester, it's just a scene I was working on that happened to have this issue) and it ignores the tree render levels when rendering to the VFB I've found Corona works pretty well with it.

2017-04-05, 10:40:06
Reply #6

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
The render stopping should be fine now. Overall, the stability is also much better in A6.3. I'm closing this then. Thanks for reporting!