Author Topic: mayaToCorona 0.46  (Read 13717 times)

2015-11-13, 18:10:55

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

this version has the follwing improvements:

- added vector displacement
- improved layered shading, at least with non OSL file textures
- simplified the round corner connections
- improved bump mapping with non OSL textures
- implemented IPR adding and removing nodes and shaders

The OSL texturing seems to yet to work correctly with layered shading, I'll try to fix it in one of the next releases.
Round Corners can now created a little bit easier:
You simply create a round corners map and assign it to the CoronaSurface shader. If you do it via (Ctrl-)drag'n drop in hypershade, you can use the default connection. Or you connect it to attribute called "Round Corners Map".

Again I created a small video to show the IPR uipdates:

2015-11-19, 02:42:57
Reply #1

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can not connect Round Corners node to shader and add attributes not working.
Can make a simple scene with the assigned Round Corners?

2015-11-19, 09:40:52
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you tell me what exactly is not working? What happens if you create a round corners map and try to connect to the CoronaSurface shader? How do you try to connect it?

2015-11-19, 13:50:06
Reply #3

max45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Connect it. This way is not so easy.
Add attributes on shader  called "Round Corners Map". Options appeared but nothing happens.
Can make automatic add attribute like in vray?   Menu Attributes-Corona-Round Corners

2015-11-19, 14:38:10
Reply #4

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmm... that's strange. On the bottom of the CoronaSurface shader, a section called "RoundCorners" should be visible. In this section only one attribute exists, which is called "Round Corners Map". There is no need to add an additional attribute. If this section does not appear in your shader, something is completly wrong. I'll have a look this evening.

@edit: I just checked the shader. It seems that the attribute exists as shown in the attached image, but the attribute is disabled and you cannot connect anything, correct?
« Last Edit: 2015-11-19, 18:30:55 by haggi »

2015-11-19, 20:06:21
Reply #5

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just released the next version. There is a maya problem which disables a message attribute in the attribute editor for some reason. Now you should be able to connect a roundCorner map to the "Round Corners Map" attribute in the hypershade/attributeEditor.