Author Topic: Resume from dump  (Read 1910 times)

2014-11-05, 18:23:38

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I am working on this project with several cameras view and different scenes, some of them after finished saved the beauty and the other passes, some other didn't.  I tried to use the function "resume from Dump" and it work in some exr and it didn't work in other ones.
It give an error "Cannot read EXR, or file does not correspond to the current VFB " and then it can't load other exr, I have to close Max to try again. 
Is there a reason why the EXR won't load
I can't find any similar situation on this forum so I am posting this question, if its been answered I would appreciate that any of you can point me in the right direction.
Thank you
Fco.

2014-11-05, 20:55:06
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you are probably using different resolution or render passes than the one with which the EXR was saved
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-11-05, 22:03:44
Reply #2

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess that did it.  But only 1 pixel thou, I have 3Dmax lock the ratio and it was a 2660 pix, but the rendered exr was a 2659, I just adjusted that in the output size and bing, it work!
Thank you very much.