Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Tutorials & Guides

Vegetation shader

<< < (2/9) > >>

hrvojezg00:
Very usefull, thanks! Ground cover is bbb I guess? Tree is made in house?

RolandB:
Thanks a lot Juraj... always a pleasure to follow your advices !

fellazb:
Hi,

This morning I saw that Evermotion is finally providing Corona models and tested the free sample of their tree collection. Must say that they did a pretty good job on the shading part. It has some good similarities of your approach and hopefully this will set a new standard. Looking forward to see your approach on barks and branches (turbosmooth, noise and\or displacement if I saw it correctly at SOA 2014 :) )

Juraj:

--- Quote from: hrvojezg00 on 2015-10-15, 09:11:23 ---Very usefull, thanks! Ground cover is bbb I guess? Tree is made in house?

--- End quote ---

Yes by Bertrand, I am even writting it in the tutorial pic :- )

--- Quote from: fellazb on 2015-10-15, 10:00:36 ---Hi,

This morning I saw that Evermotion is finally providing Corona models and tested the free sample of their tree collection. Must say that they did a pretty good job on the shading part. It has some good similarities of your approach and hopefully this will set a new standard. Looking forward to see your approach on barks and branches (turbosmooth, noise and\or displacement if I saw it correctly at SOA 2014 :) )

--- End quote ---

Yes that's it :- ) I will post that too. I spent some time figuring out how to effectively merge scanned mesh (not just texture) but that didn't provide any fruit yet.

vkiuru:
Appreaciate the share! Though I must say the translucent hue some of your groundcover plants have leans a bit too much to the blueish green, in my opinion :) It´s a subtle thing but it´s the sort of green that plastic plants often have. Then again it might just be a regional thing and that´s how some plants look where you live :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version