Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

How to increase SSS effect over 100%

(1/4) > >>

Mac3DX:
Hi,
Playing around with SSS to get closer to the reference, but it seems SSS in Corona doesn't offer to much control straight out of the box.
The effect is to weak and we should be able to go further than the 100% in order to achieve a more real visual representation.
Any idea how to do that?

TomG:
I'd try increasing the radius as you have that set to the minimum (ie light will not penetrate and scatter very far into the material, so the effect will be at its least noticeable). See https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528339318289-What-are-the-two-available-SSS-modes-C4D

Mac3DX:
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't make sense at all; increasing the radius will make the chocolate look like wax. Going over 100% for the fraction may do the job.
We have here a clear example where SSS in Corona lacks functionalities in order to achieve the desired effect easily. Also, chocolates have no Volumetrics attributes (refraction) IMO, so we should be able to solve that in the SSS tab.
Vray has a much more advanced setup for this. I think we should review SSS in Corona, don't you think?

Thanks
Ricardo

TomG:
Can you share the result of increasing the radius, to show that it does look like wax (or doesn't - I should think small increase in radius will not make it look like wax and enhance the strength of the effect as you are looking for, but a quick test would put that question to rest :) )

Beanzvision:
I'm no chocolatier ;) Are you working in scale at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version