Author Topic: How to achieve this glass material in Corona renderer  (Read 811 times)

2023-01-12, 08:22:12

yvesjaye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning. Happy new year to all.

Can someone please guide me through a tutorial on how to achieve these textures in Corona Renderer?

2023-01-12, 10:19:25
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This should be pretty straightforward - make regular glass material (you can use preset in Corona physical mat), make it frosty (increase roughness, or decrease glossiness), get or make normal map texture that looks similar to the pattern that you need and plug it to the material's bump map (through Corona Normal node). That should be enough. If you want to make it even closer to how it's look in real life, make one side of glass pane like described above and the other one completely smooth (roughness - 0, no bump).If you want ultimate realism, expand material's media options rollout, set absorption to bright under-saturated greenish colour and play with absorption distance until you feel that glass looks right.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-01-15, 04:16:05
Reply #2

yvesjaye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your kind reply. Is it possible to make some tutorial for me?

2023-01-15, 09:50:30
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe if you could tell what steps you're struggling with, i could try to explain myself better.

2023-01-16, 17:23:22
Reply #4

yvesjaye

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, so I actually tried making something but its not the same. Have attached few samples. Can you please help me with a gif or a tutorial specific to the query? Thank you

2023-01-16, 20:36:50
Reply #5

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In order to get a similar look on the glass you'll need to give it something to reflect. Currently the door is facing a probably dark/dull space of the room and will probably not show any meaningful  or even weak reflections.

Also, when you don't wait for the render to clean up you will probably not see much of the structure on the glass surface, give it more time.

2023-01-17, 10:55:53
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
In addition to what's been said above, i also would check the mapping - it could be that your texture isn't mapped properly on the object. It's easier to check this if you will temporarily disable refraction and plug the texture in to the diffuse channel.

2023-01-17, 12:13:24
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I tried recreating something similar using a procedural gradient ramp and tiles. Is it close enough?
I think in cases like this you do not even need to use roughness. My material is the glass preset with a texture plugged into base bump. That's how I imagine it working in real life. You could also try with displacement instead of bump for a more "physical" result.
Remember that glass/reflective materials are extremely sensitive to lighting. I used a studio HDRI from Cosmos and rotated it to get a nice highlight on the glass panel.
I am attaching my scene in Max 2020 format, Corona 9 HF1.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us