Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Help with daylight system

(1/2) > >>

marioteodoru:
Hello,

i am trying to render a nigh time shoot, an outside scene in the desert.  I have about 4 square km area, which has track illuminated by light poles, and i want to get around 7-8 o'clock in the evening. But, with daylight system, and corona sun activated, no matter what hour or position i put the widget on, i get the same light intensity. Can anyone help me out with this? How do you set up a outdoor night scene?

Thank you.

maru:
I don't believe you. ;)

Doesn't sun intensity change even if you set your sun very close to horizon? Have you tried changing exposure value/highlight compression?

Ondra:
can you post the result you are getting?

marioteodoru:
Hello,

I tried again, it does change, but i was expecting pitch black at 23.00, using the same exposure. But the scene is still quite illuminated. Should i make a bigger groundplane? This one has 4 km. If i change the exposure down to -10 i get quite dark, but this will also affet other lights in the scene wich i need to stay bright.
I hope i make sense, please excuse me if i waste you time. I'm actually trying to get a nice sun set, just a hint, and use pole lights to illuminate the scene. Can you give me some tips? Should i make a earth sphere to get the right illumination ?

Thank you for you time.

marioteodoru:
As you can see, with daylight on (sunlight off) i have to underexpose a lot to darken the image even if it's 23.00. But then, the 400 floodlights of 500w each, just disappear (almost).

If i turn the daylight off, and remove the environment map, than the flood light appear, but i get the exposure to 0.

I have to mention that the 400 flood light are intersecting with geometry. But i never notice this to be a problem in other scenes. Also all geometry is DAE files exported from modo, and the original geometry is mostly triangle from step files. So it's quite a mess. But again, i never notice this to be a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version