Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

mirror mat

(1/2) > >>

ALI.SOUEID:
can someone tell me how to make mirror in corona ?

romullus:
Diffuse - 0
Reflection - 0.9-0.95
IOR fresnel - 25
Reflection glossiness - 1

Captain Obvious:
For a realistic mirror, you need to make a sheet of glass (normal glass) and put a highly reflective metal behind it.

Ondra:

--- Quote from: Captain Obvious on 2014-04-23, 19:54:51 ---For a realistic mirror, you need to make a sheet of glass (normal glass) and put a highly reflective metal behind it.

--- End quote ---

I'm just curious, will this really produce significantly different result than just using the highly reflective metal alone?

Juraj:

--- Quote from: Keymaster on 2014-04-23, 22:01:52 ---
--- Quote from: Captain Obvious on 2014-04-23, 19:54:51 ---For a realistic mirror, you need to make a sheet of glass (normal glass) and put a highly reflective metal behind it.

--- End quote ---

I'm just curious, will this really produce significantly different result than just using the highly reflective metal alone?

--- End quote ---

I was curious too, but always too lazy to try. I play with thought that it would be noticeable in animation that angles such mirror (stacking those reflections), but over still image, one wouldn't probably notice.
Needlessly, from one asset I bought from Bertrand Benoit (mirror and fireplace), he had that setup (it also had reason for it, dirt was applied to glass panel only).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version