Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Tutorials & Guides

Shadow catcher solution, (matte) workaround in Corona A6.

(1/1)

borisquezadaa:
Just came with this idea for a shadow matte o shadow catcher.

1.- First render your scene as usual (i use an hdri and a crane model i'm working on).

2.- Assign a default white material to all geometries that needs to catch shadows ( in my case... just a plane).

3.- In Corona render settings assign a material override with a black corona material to all scene assets except the geometries you want to catch shadows.

4.- Add a CShading_shadows render element. As i noticed, ou can compose the "inverted"  shadow  pass (Ctrl+i with the layer selected in photoshop) later in "multiply mode" over the beauty pass.

borisquezadaa:
Just came with this idea for a shadow matte o shadow catcher.

1.- First render your scene as usual (i use an hdri and a crane model i'm working on).

2.- Assign a default white material to all geometries that needs to catch shadows ( in my case... just a plane).

3.- In Corona render settings assign a material override with a black corona material to all scene assets except the geometries you want to catch shadows.

4.- Add a CShading_shadows render element. As i noticed, you can compose the "inverted"  shadow  pass (Ctrl+i with the layer selected in photoshop) later in "multiply mode" over the beauty pass.

piripi:
nice I will try it tomorrow :)
but would be nice to have away without rendering 2 times, the state editor can be pain in the ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version