Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Bitmap - Show Map on Back

(1/3) > >>

NicolasC:
Hello :)

We're really missing the Show Map on Back option of the 3dsmax standard bitmap, when tiling is off ... and we've just tested to use the 3dsmax bitmap with a few objects this option would be useful to be set off, and it seems the option isn't supported by Corona ? I mean, the result is the same with Show Map on Back ON or OFF ... any chance to get it working please ? or should I switch to Feature Request, and ask this option to be implemented in Corona Bitmap instead ?

Thank you.

Regards.

NicolasC:
Hello,

Any news on this one, please ?

Regards.

maru:
Can you post some examples of what this option does and on/off comparison in Corona and some other renderer where it is supported? I had trouble checking this. I am not familiar with the option, and rendering some objects with scanline did not show any differences for me if it was on/off.

If this is a feature of CBitmap which is not supported in Corona, then I am moving this to feature requests.

Frood:
@NicolasC: CoronaFrontBack map is no option? It's only the diffuse color which would have to be copied. Of course this would mean another node but would work.

Good Luck

NicolasC:
Hello,

Thank for your answers.
@Maru: here you go, simple scene to show the problem. Here is an example with a Vray Blend / a Corona Layered mtl, with the "Logo" bitmap used as mask. I've enclosed the VRay & Corona scenes for you to check if necessary.
@ Frood: it could be a good idea yes, but not in this case I guess :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version