Author Topic: Corona API created  (Read 20173 times)

2013-04-21, 00:41:22

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I've finished first rough version of Corona API. It consists of about 500kB of C++ header files. Most of them are simple utility functions. The core of the API is a single class, that takes the parsed scene, and outputs the rendered image into the frame buffer. It should be reasonably simple to use. Now I need to test it further and create some well-documented example applications for it.

This API is for plugging Corona into another 3D applications, it is not for writing custom shaders.

Here is the first application I've created with it, it has about 150 lines, and renders a single triangle and a sphere ;)

« Last Edit: 2013-04-21, 00:43:27 by Keymaster »
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-21, 16:09:06
Reply #1

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh my... Will you distribute this on dropbox with corona, or is it something you would rather give only to a dedicated programmer?

2013-04-21, 16:10:26
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
this is only useful for full-time programmers, so no dropbox
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-21, 20:30:38
Reply #3

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is huge!

Not for me like programer... but for user!
Blender integration would be great!!!

Cheers.

2013-04-24, 16:28:25
Reply #4

NinthJake

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Beautiful. I hope to see a few plugin developers taking a shot at integrating it into other software soon :)

Speaking of which, how would a developer get their hands on this?

2013-04-24, 16:30:34
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
He would contact me ;)

2013-06-13, 14:58:32
Reply #6

Dariusz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Heya

I would like to try integrating this render engine into Maya... now I'm not much of a programmer except for Python knowledge. Do I stand a chance or are my hopes too high?

Thanks, bye.

2013-06-13, 15:15:16
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is already this project: http://www.openmaya.net/openmaya/mayatocorona/mtco_about.php - I have to give the guy the API as soon as it proves stable.

2013-06-13, 23:16:23
Reply #8

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Indeed, would be nice. Would be cool to have a look at the sources and attributes, even if it is not stable yet. A lot of work lies in the preparation of the UI, the shader nodes and general workflow. e.g. the render globals node for Luxrender has a lot of features, all have to be organized well before starting to implemtent the actual geometry, settings an shader translation. This took a while, so the sooner I can access the general attributes, the sooner I can start with the api if it is stable.

2013-06-25, 17:08:58
Reply #9

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will there be a possiblity to export the scene for standalone from the api?

I used it in appleseed and it was extremly helpful to see what's wrong in the scene defintion.

2013-06-25, 17:59:21
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, there is one flag for that

2013-06-25, 18:50:22
Reply #11

yolao

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is already this project: http://www.openmaya.net/openmaya/mayatocorona/mtco_about.php - I have to give the guy the API as soon as it proves stable.

This is FANTASTIC news. I`m mostly a Maya user, and having Corona in there will be a great advantage. Thanks.