Author Topic: Scene Archive - problem with Cosmos assets  (Read 419 times)

2023-07-12, 10:51:16

szymon.bochenek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram:
Hi!
What is the best way to fix problem with opening 3dsmax scene archive with Cosmos assets on new computer. If I didnt downloaded exactly these assets on new computers drive before, then I will not have these assets opened with imported scene.
Sometimes it works (scene on new computer opens with all cosmos assets, but not always)

2023-07-12, 11:49:23
Reply #1

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, yes i wondered about this as well.

It would be handy to have a 'Download asset from library' button in the corona proxy menu
so it downloads the used asset from the Chaos Cosmos library.

mlon

2023-07-12, 15:22:28
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The 3ds Max File > Archive option should handle this. It packs all assets into the archive, so if your scene contained some proxies (regardless if they are from Cosmos or not), those proxies should be included in the archive. If something isn't working, I would try this:
- Go to the folder where your archive was unpacked
- Search for *.*
- Select ALL files that are found
- Paste ALL files into the same folder where the .max scene is located
This way you will have the .max file and all assets in a single directory and 3ds Max should see them.
Of course it's much better to keep all assets organized into folders, but this is just a troubleshooting idea to find out what might not be working.

I don't think in this case it matters whether you are using Cosmos or not.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-07-31, 13:25:01
Reply #3

mlon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But when you did not use or are unable to use the archive option (new clean pc, different location, whatever reason) an option to mass download
the proxies used in a scene would be really useful and a timesaver.