Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

difficult to set material colours and Corona Pattern seems broken

(1/3) > >>

frv:
I am a bit in a hurry and can't provide files and examples.

But I still have lots of difficulties to set a material colours with the sliders. Setting goes everywhere randomly.
I tried Corona Pattern with a gravel mesh but on anything else than a plane that is undistorted or scaled the patterns do not behave properly. I get flat gravel on each part of a plane that I scaled. I do mnot remember it was so difficult to set a pattern. Now after hours of trying I gave up. It simply does not work. Back to displacement. Pity, I liked the patterns.

General comment. It seems to me that Corona render is getting more and more difficult to use and to navigate around the many little and bigger bugs. Is it because I am using the daily builds ? Some new features can only be used after hours of trial and error.

OSX 13.2.1
Mac Studio Ultra 20 core 128Gb ram 2Tb hd
C4C 2023.1.0

frv:
Just another bug. Chaos scatter shows in viewport what does not render.
See attachment. No flowers in the garden even though Scatter renders them as wireframe in the viewport.
And in the viewport the flowers are only scattered around the edges of the surfaces. I never had this before.

frv:
well, the last problem was caused by reversed normals wrongly corrected by the rotation setting normal vs. Y
Can happen when you copy a Chaos scatter from another file.... :-)

frv:
Just got my renders out. Time for a minute to respond to myself.
The problems with the Corona Patterns trying to have a gravel road were mostly caused by normals not being up. C4D has a known bug that when you reverse normals on some types of geometry C4D crashes. Not a Chaos problem. Another thing with the Patterns is that the UV settings can be very sensitive. A bit to hight or low and you the result is rubbish.

The color sliders for the materials are getting to be a big problem.When you slide or type in a value for Color, Hue and lightness  randomly change. The material preview goes black with even the slightest change in color. I hope this is just a daily build issue. But its so bad with this release that things have become unworkable.
Mac OS
Mac Studio Ultra 128Gb

Beanzvision:
Hi there, sorry to hear you were having some issues with Corona pattern. Are you able to share some images of these issues or perhaps submit a support ticket so we can investigate it further?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version