Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Corona lights dont white balance properly

(1/2) > >>

Jpjapers:
Corona lights dont match up properly with the tonemapping white balance. A 6500K Light with 6500k white balance yields a magenta-tinted result on a grey plane. If you remove the light and set the environment to 6500k the result is accurate to mid grey and the RGB values are consistent. The corona lights seem to be incorrect. Ive reported on freshdesk but wondered if anyone else had experienced the same issue?

romullus:
There are few discussions in the forum about this issue, together with explanations why it's happening. I don't have time to search now, but it shouldn't be hard to find those topics on your own.

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2020-01-28, 15:35:38 ---There are few discussions in the forum about this issue, together with explanations why it's happening. I don't have time to search now, but it shouldn't be hard to find those topics on your own.

--- End quote ---

But its not been fixed though? Is that right? Im seeing report of this since 2016 and ondras explanation of "6504k" being closer to pure white doesnt seem to solve the issue.
This also doesnt really help because the environment light yields the correct result. Its just corona lights that dont. The last message i can find says it was reported in your internal tracker

--- Quote ---(Reported in our secret internal tracker id=256544854)
--- End quote ---

maru:
The issue is logged in our system and we will look into it ASAP.

Internal note:
25°N 71°W

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: maru on 2020-01-28, 16:46:18 ---The issue is logged in our system and we will look into it ASAP.

Internal note:
25°N 71°W

--- End quote ---

Bermuda triangle?
😂😂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version