Author Topic: My upper and lower kitchen cabinets look a different color yet they are tha same  (Read 4618 times)

2019-10-26, 14:09:56

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
They are the same blue material and RGB color. In my other rendering program they look the same. Is there a node setup someone could post that would make them look the same. The top cabinets which have a large window above them look flatter and greyer. The bottom cabinets look bluer and brighter. Thanks

2019-10-26, 14:16:02
Reply #1

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would really help if you would attach a picture of your problem.

2019-10-26, 18:43:39
Reply #2

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will post a picture in the next hour. I think it has to do with the lighting and shadows. It is a daylight scene. Taking that into consideration, that it has to do with lighting and shadows, is there a node group that will even out these colors so they look the same. The way it looks may be accurate but I find it does not appeal to me. Thanks

2019-10-27, 09:14:20
Reply #3

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the picture showing the difference in th shading of the upper and lower cabinets.

2019-10-27, 10:46:36
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@bkjernisted, are you trolling? Because if not, you're the worst assistance seeking person i've ever saw.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-27, 12:41:01
Reply #5

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@bkjernisted, are you trolling? Because if not, you're the worst assistance seeking person i've ever saw.

I thought the same thing when I looked at the other posts from him...

2019-10-27, 13:14:16
Reply #6

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't have my workstation hooked up to the internet. I had a virus a while back and am trying to prevent another one. I have provided al the info needed to answer the question. Click on the picture and you will see the different shades in the cabinets. Thanks

2019-10-27, 14:25:47
Reply #7

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since we still don't know anything about the scene- or material setup, we would have to guess what the problem is.
I am not sure if i am feeding a troll right know.

2019-10-27, 15:27:16
Reply #8

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You can see in the picture that the upper cabinets look to be a different shade of blue than the bottom. The materials are the exact same materials. Is there a node setup that overrrides the lighting and shading and makes the cabinets look the same color top and bottom in the render? Thanks

2019-10-27, 16:54:05
Reply #9

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So what you want, is an image without shadows and light bouncing?

2019-10-27, 16:58:35
Reply #10

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
PROH if that will make the cabinets look the same color. Can I disable shadows and see what that does? Thanks PROH. I appreciate your help.

2019-10-27, 17:15:45
Reply #11

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
PROH how do I disable shading. I am new to c4d? Thanks

2019-10-27, 19:26:33
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, we'd need to see the whole scene, not just a tiny section, in order to see where the light was coming from, where shadows were falling, where the windows and light sources are, and so on, to know just what was going on.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-28, 01:22:28
Reply #13

bkjernisted

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the suggestions. Just had to change the setting to BEAUTY from LIGHTMIX in the interactive rendering header.

2019-10-28, 09:03:41
Reply #14

twcg

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Once again as a friendly advice for your future questions:

With the information you provided nobody would be able to give you this kind of solution without a lot of guessing...
If you want help, please add more information to your posts.